Pendon museum

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I posted something in Johns recent build thread, and it jogged my memory about the Pendon museum Model. This model is very well known in finescale railway modelling circles, but is possibly less well known than it deserves to be amongst other modellers.
This is a short video with sound effects and associated Elgar…enjoy!

By the way, it is definitely NOT in OO, it’s in EM gauge, 1/76.2 scale, and virtually everything is scratch built

I’ve had to edit this several times as I screwed up the original video post……

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim

Thanks for that. Saved my looking it up. That is one serious layout!!

I'd not heard of EM scale, so had to look it up. Interesting story to it.

Thanks for sharing.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim

Thanks for that. Saved my looking it up. That is one serious layout!!

I'd not heard of EM scale, so had to look it up. Interesting story to it.

Thanks for sharing.

ATB.

Andrew
No probs Andrew
The museum web site can be found here….

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tim
Mind blowing. I can't begin to imagine how many hours went into building it. Stunning. Many of the shots in the video could have been taken for the real thing. Thanks for sharing.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
Mind blowing. I can't begin to imagine how many hours went into building it. Stunning. Many of the shots in the video could have been taken for the real thing. Thanks for sharing.
Jim
It‘s been going for well over sixty years so far Jim…..they have well defined standards that the model builders have to adhere to, and the majority of the buildings have full internals and lighting as well. I’ve not been there for around twenty years so I’m not sure where they’ve got to ;) Not sure who drives and coordinates it now Roye England and Guy Williams have passed either.
I met Guy once, a lovely old school type of chap. He was giving a demo at a long gone model railway shop in Shepton Mallet. His loco scratchbuild techniques are still up there with the best, and enabled him to really generate the soul of a loco from flat bits of nickel silver sheet.