Pershing Diorama

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
As a teen (I think in probably 2004-6 maybe) I had a Tamiya catalogue which I used to trawl through regularly dreaming of having enough money to buy everything!

Now in this catalogue there was a section of amazing diorama work, one of which was of a couple of Pershings, a truck I think, and mounds and mounds of ammo crates depicting re-arming at an ammo dump. Does anyone know where I might find pictures of this now, or know who built it? I can't find reference to it anywhere.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
As a teen (I think in probably 2004-6 maybe) I had a Tamiya catalogue which I used to trawl through regularly dreaming of having enough money to buy everything!
You too, eh? :smiling3:

Now in this catalogue there was a section of amazing diorama work, one of which was of a couple of Pershings, a truck I think, and mounds and mounds of ammo crates depicting re-arming at an ammo dump. Does anyone know where I might find pictures of this now, or know who built it? I can't find reference to it anywhere.
This is turning out to be harder to google than I thought it might :sad: There are some sites that look like they have scans of the whole catalogs, but turn out to only have the front covers, for example, and I can also find scans of many of the diorama photos I remember from the catalogs I used to browse (±20 years before you did), but no M26 Pershings so far :sad:

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
This is turning out to be harder to google than I thought it might :sad: There are some sites that look like they have scans of the whole catalogs, but turn out to only have the front covers, for example, and I can also find scans of many of the diorama photos I remember from the catalogs I used to browse (±20 years before you did), but no M26 Pershings so far
Yeah I have had exactly the same issue...I find an online version of the catalogues, start to recognise some of the pages but then never find that particular one!!