Personal Submarine

T

tigertc

The Phoenix 1000 is a 65-meter (213') personal luxury submarine. The initial design was originally executed for a client and now awaits a buyer. As proposed, the submarine would constitute the single largest private undersea vehicle ever built, and arguably, one of the most significant personal transportation devices of the century.

FIND OUT MORE AFTER THE JUMP -

http://www.ussubs.com/submarines/phoenix_1000.php3

R

rjwood_uk

wow, i want it!!!!!

....but it dosnt come with the option of torpedos :sad: no fun!

it dosnt actually say how deep it can go, it says the diver doory thingy can be used down to 45 metres, but nothing else!!

B

Bunkerbarge

I once went in one of the tourist type ones a few years ago in St Thomas. They really are great fun and very interesting from a technical point of view.

They were purely battery driven though so I don't know whether they have developed a suitable engine/generator set to give them a far greater range.

What a toy, but I have to say if I had Tom Cruises money I would do the same as him and have my very own restored P51 Mustang. Now that is a toy!!!

R

rjwood_uk

wow, after i have just watched mission impossible 3. lol

i never knew he had one....does he fly it?

then he does believe in the most strange/far fetched "relegion" i have ever heard of

B

Bunkerbarge

Yes he does fly it with his friend who has a restored Spitfire!!!

P

periscope

Looks nearly as good as my Seawolf.....:music_too Dive...Dive....

R

rjwood_uk

ok.....i actually had a dream that i had baught this last night and me and some mates where going to america in it!

S

squiffythewombat

ok.....i actually had a dream that i had baught this last night and me and some mates where going to america in it!
LOOOOOOOOL! Now i think you might need to be getting out a little more, lol!