Peter and Peters Starter set part 2 chat PLEASE READ

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Some might have seen Stillp suggest a second GB without the constraints of crap glue and paint, paintbrushes.

It has been agreed that the Existing Starter set challenge be extended. both Peters will be hosting the GB. How they wish to cover that is up to them.

A few changes to the rules and the end date need to be put up for all that wish to take part. Which I hope is as many of you as possible.
1. The end date has been pushed to the end of September. This should give enough time to source your kit.
2. To take part, you have to have built or are building a starter kit using only the materials provided in the starter set. (except the crappy glue).
3. The Kit you build in part 2 should be the same kit as you built in part one. It does not have to be from a starter set it DOES have to be the same kit from the same manufacturer.
4. You can add as many extras; PE, Resin, etc. as you like. You can use any and all the tools you have on the bench. Any paints, Hell you can even dig the airbrush out again if that is your preferred weapon of choice.
5. When finished you must post at least two photos of each completed build and at least two of them together.

If you think that this GB has suddenly gotten to be more interesting, join in. Just remember that you will need to but two of the same kit.

Have fun.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
I'm in. Rules seem sensible and will work fine.
Thanks
Jim

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I will be doing a starter set spit and as it's a easy on to sorce as even my local toy shop has plenty for the second part.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will be doing a starter set spit and as it's a easy on to sorce as even my local toy shop has plenty for the second part.
errrrrmmm what did you build the first time?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Peterairfix. Please disregard my last comment I just figured out that you are building a new starter set then doing the bells and whistle version. lol My bad.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just some clarity on the small print please. Can I do both builds as one blog or do I have to do individual blogs for each build? Also do you want individual completed photo blogs of each model or just one completed photo blog with both models in it. Many thanks in advance

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Separate builds for each kit. Basic 'What's in the box' version is the first build.

At least two pictures to show at the end of each completed build.

At least two pictures of both models side by side at the completion of both builds.