Peter D's Luftwaffe Crew Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks super, even more so, as you are under the weather too.

The subtle colour and detail really are stunning, again well done under the circumstances.

Hopefully everyone, even the brawny youngster are feeling a little better today

Enjoy the flight suit and more super detailing

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Pleased you like him so far.

Steve - Ditto. Nothing better for 'flu than to be able to sit quietly for a few hours and concentrate on something other than your health. One more session should see this one done - sleeves, hand, wiring etc.

Owen is letting us all know how ill he is. I managed to distract him for an hour or so by watching Anoushka Shankar at the Proms with him. Amazing stuff, that set him working out the chords on his guitar - he's starting his vocational music course at college next week and is getting fired up.

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Lee.

I'm calling this one finished:

100_8165.JPG100_8166.JPG100_8167.JPG100_8168.JPG

I'm waiting for delivery of the helmet eagle decal, and I may add some lettering to the harness release button, but essentially it's done. I used Vallejo English Uniform for the flight suit in order to get a slightly warmer colour than the khaki and stone grey used on the parachute and harness. The hand had a very nice watch modelled on the wrist, but this was completely hidden once in place - glad I didn't bother to paint it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That is superb. A very steady hand and a fine brush needed for all the stitching.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Lovely result Peter, neat shade work on the flight suit and face :thumb2: :thumb2:

Great to read that the test was negative too:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - At least you won't be hanging around. Thanks for looking in.

Jim - Many thanks. I must admit that I've got a bit of a headache after all of that detailing.

Fernando - Glad you like him. Thanks re the test.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very, Very well done Peter. The level of detail is incredible . Good news on the test front too.

John.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Hopefully the headache has gone after a good nights sleep?

I have to say the subtle colour variation and super fine detailing are quite something, and a headache isn't an unexpected consequence after all the effort you much have put in.

This has got to to be in the top 3 busts you have done this year?

I guess it would be a good change for something less detailed and with a greater colour palette too, give your eyes a rest.

Hopefully a good day choosing the next victim

Enjoy the day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thank you. It's a brilliant sculpt and was lovely to work on.

Andy - Many thanks that man.

Steve - I an pleased with the way this turned out. In my book, if the sculptor has taken the time to provide the detail then you're beholden to paint it. Still feeling pretty grotty with the 'flu, with a hyper added on top, which didn't help, so will try something easier next.

D

Deleted member 6559

Glad you like him Ralph. The helmet decals arrived and they're too small - more like 120mm than 200mm, dammit. Looks like I'll have to paint in the eagle at some stage after all.

D

Deleted member 4539

That's a shame,nevermind your painting skills are good enough :smiling3:.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work again Peter. I always smile when I see your work, and think "how the he'll does he do that"

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - I've used a slightly smaller decal for the the helmet. It'll do for now.

Colin - Glad you like him. Quite a lot of work involved in this one, but good fun to do.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding Peter.Some terrific work on the life preserve and parachute. A joy to see