Peterairfix's Matchbox GB Chat thread.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would like to say well done Peter for rounding up ten members to get this one off the ground.
Now I will hand this over to Peter so he can make the 'formal' introduction for the GB. Rules, list of victims participants, that sort of thing....

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
First of all thanks to all the participants.
Just to clarify the rules any kit that is a matchbox or any reboxing but it must have started off in life as a matchbox kit.
Here is the list of participants so far.
Yak face
Dave ward
Papa 695
Windy
Peterairfix
Stillp
Beowulf
Jakko
Fernando n
Lee drennen
Last of all have fun.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have my two victims along with the tiger moth witch is an original kit.20200502_174629.jpg
I have also a Revell boxed twin otter witch I know to be an ex matchbox kit because there are two clues one witch is the original kit number left on the spure as most matchbox kits started with PK.20200502_174437.jpg
And the other is the made in England on the spure the England is always scrubbed ou.20200502_174445.jpg20200502_174619.jpg

Last edited:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just a heads-up the start date has been changed back to the 1st of may but you do have until the end of the year so you plenty of time.
So If you so wish you can make a start.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve just taken a look at my choices:

DA8A3E2D-1715-4129-919E-A882CAEF5D97.jpeg

This is all the completely unbuilt Matchbox kits (and a few re-issues) I have, and I’m not sure yet which one(s) I’ll go for … All I know is it’s not going to be the Swordfish, because that’s an original issue with a window in the back of the box. I’m leaning towards the Bf 110 to start with, as I bought that specifically because I have good memories of building it in the early 80s and wanted to build it once again :smiling3: Not sure after that, though.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Two matchbox models I'll attempt - just as well I've got the rest of the year.............................................
matchbox skyknight.jpgmatchbox buckeye.jpg
Both are from the era of trench panel lines - I'll have a look, to see if I have to do anything about them .
I do have the Revell reboxing of the Twin Otter & F9F Panther in the stash, but Peter's doing the Twin Otter.................
Dave

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
will be a couple of weeks before i can join in.....got a few suitable subjects in the stash

always liked matchbox, i can remember them coming out when i was a nipper, was great cos they did unusual subjects......and different colour plastic......and the little bases

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
Good to see another group build kicking off, I'll be sure to rustle up a kit shortly for this one.