Peterbilt 378-110

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Ok.... The flames look good. They are more subtle than I figured they'd be:smiling3:

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Hi Steve, paint used is Tamiya Fine Surface Primer (L), Matt Black Auto paint, Tamiya PS-47 Iridescent Pink/Gold, all topped of with Auto Clear Lacquer & buffed up with 3M Finishing Polish.
.jpg

Hope this help's Steve.

John
I have taken a shine to the idea of iridescant paints. Tamiya make another one in addition to the one you chose. However, Tamiya say:

"These spray paints were developed especially for decorating transparent polycarbonate bodies used in R/C car modeling. Each can contains 100ml of paint, which is the appropriate amount for finishing a model. Paint the body from the inside, keeping the can about 30cm from the surface. After curing, apply another coat. Small details should be brush painted beforehand using Tamiya bottle paints for polycarbonate. These paints are impervious to oil and fuels, so they can be safely used on gas-powered R/C bodies. Never use these paints on plastic models."

Note the last sentence, which Tamiya confirmed to me by email. Despite that, you obviously succeeded in using it on styrene

J

John Huggins

Hi Steve, maybe it's the primer i used to cover the styrene so it has no undue effect on it.

I intend to use it on a 1/24 Enzo Ferrari but not the same color. so we will have to see how that turns out.

J

John Huggins

This truck is sending me to the funny farm, when i removed the tape from the glass after spraying there were glue marks & paint all over them.

So i stripped the inside of the cab & removed the glass, but in doing this it broke of part of the window frame, so i have had to scratch build my own.

In the first pic it is all finished in pic 2 i have replaced the small window & am working on the door window ready to replace glass using clear plastic from an old packing box.

P1090940.JPG

P1090941.JPG

I have found the glass in this kit to be rubbish, as you look at it from different angles there are swirls & line's all over them & spoils the look, You can just see it in the first pic. so i am going to try & remove them all & replace them with clear plastic.

Having fun (not).

John

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Replacing the naff glass will be worth it for sure John....... You've done some absolutely cracking work on this truck.

J

John Huggins

Well that's the last of the window's removed, once i have replaced them i can crack on with the build.

P1090942.JPG

John

J

John Huggins

Windows replaced seat's in, just got to set it up so the bonnet meet's the cab properly.

P1090944.JPG

P1090945.JPG

P1090946.JPG

John.

J

John Huggins

Ok then slow start on this one only started it last night, tanker built but will need sanding & filling, axles built & primed ready for red top coat, not going to do anything fancy with this one just a little custom spray job, Iridescent pink/gold fading into gloss black to match the truck.

P1090957.JPG

P1090958.JPG

P1090959.JPG

John