Peter's Helicopter GB Chat thread

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ian. I’m kinda partial to those Sea Kings so my vote is the Sea King.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Add as much as you want but the main focus is the helicopter as I have some pe for my lynx
There in my basket… being cannie as it January & swmbo has noticed a few different packages being delivered …;);)
I also WANT the new tamiya 14139 suzuki and an Audi R8 wish i spotted these before christmas but hay its only money!,!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ok, so me joining this GB is entirely the fault of Andy aka The Smythe Meister..... ;) ;)

I have never built a helicopter and had no real intention of ever building one..... It's not that I have problem problem with them as such, it's just not my thing and I have lots of other kits in the stash.....

Then last May, Andy very callously and without due regard to the size of my stash or the inevitable reaction from SWMBO, sent me this......and for nothing, zero,zip, gratis.....!!!!

I mean, really, what kind of person does that to a fellow modeller.....;):anguished::dizzy::smiling5::smiling5:

This means I had no reason not to participate in this GB....And I've still not finished my submissions for Bob's StuG GB nor the SimonT Tribute GB....:tired::tired::loudly-crying::loudly-crying:

But for better or worse I'm in and unless I'm mistaken I think it's the smallest offering so far.....

ATB.

Andrew

IMG20210515152109.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good to see you joining in Andrew :smiling3:
As for your gracious comments....
.... I just "shared the love",as some have done for me on this great site ;)
Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good to see you joining in Andrew :smiling3:
As for your gracious comments....
.... I just "shared the love",as some have done for me on this great site ;)
Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.
Andy
Cheers mate!!! It was very generous of you indeed!! :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :smiling3::smiling3:

And I only got a slightly raised eyebrow when I pointed out that I had been sent it for free! Plus the size helped....;)

I had actually had a very similar experience the previous December for my 50th.....

• Shortly before the big day I'm working from home upstairs in Junior's bedroom.
  • my ever-suffering wife answers the door and shouts up the stairs, something to the effect of "what have you been ordering"....
  • I reply in ALL honesty "nothing" and come to the top of the stairs to see a large Amazon box in her hands... which she duly opens....
  • Inside is the Max Hastings book on Operation Chastise.....
  • a note from my best mate wishing me a happy birthday....
  • and......the Revell 1/72 Dambuster Lancaster!!!!!!

The look on her face was worth her spoiling my birthday surprise!!;)

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Firstly..... are the crews classed as part of our builds, or is it purely "Helicopter only"?:thinking:
Secondly.... Simon, those resin bits certainly do look excellent, did you decide on getting them?
I`m looking forward to the start of this GB!!:thumb2:
Andy
The normal "rule" is crew/driver/passengers, are perfectly OK to include or add. The subject of the GB should be the main focus of the GB. Also it is OK to put the subject on a simple base. One of them there vinaigrette things. Only a full diorama if it is a diorama GB. Doing this enables a full build in a reasonable time frame. If you want it on a diorama you can always add to it after the GB.

Regarding the use of aftermarket: Totally fine. Encouraged even... But dont feel that you have to use it.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's a big old bus eh Simon?!
Looks really good mind, and very cool in the livery shown on the box art :smiling3:
And,in answer to your question....
..... NO, Certainly not!!... I'm looking forward to seeing that kit built !! ;)
Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just popped in to remind you lot about the titles for All GB's
Been editing most of them today!
Your name, kit name, brand and scale nothing more nothing less.
Thank you.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
As I have just received a Revell Westland Lynx 1/32, I figured that I may as well join the party, if I may?
This will only be my 2nd build this century, so perhaps I'm being a bit ambitious tackling skill level 5, :smiling5: only time will tell.
I will start the required build thread, and get some pics up.
Here she is.
08455288-2D9B-4AB1-8CE6-A55688DDC87D.jpeg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Does anyone on here have the low down on the visual differences between a Lynx AH1 and the Army Lynx in the 1/48 Airfix job.
Plain rotors, Tail rotor smaller and runs the other way. The tail was smaller, but how much and which way.
Any other info would be nice. Might have a go at a Green black Royal Marine Lynx if I can get the low down.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This finally arrived and will be my "late" entry in Peter's Helicopter Group Build. I'll post up the obligatory sprue shots when I actually start the build. Since we have until July 1st to complete the build I will put this on hold until I have completed my efforts in the already in progress, Russian Tank GB. Rick H.P1012110.JPG