Pete's 1/32 Mosquito

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
OK it caused you a few problems, but you finished it, and it looks like a decent finish as well.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Despite your disappointment/struggles with the kit Pete it looks like you have done a very good job with it :thumb2:

Geoff.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Pete,
Stop knocking yourself, we all have problems with the models we build. And having just seen the end result of your build I can see nothing wrong. If I have one positive comment, a nice thin wash of black would really make the detail come out. As it is now an excellent job and has inspired me to get a look at the stash and dig out one of these flying things as I have not built one for years and need a break from my current build. A big well done on a big model.
Cheers
Mike.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Pete

No complaints from me. I think it's turned out very well considering the problems you had.

Well done for sticking with it.

ATB

Andrew

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks to you all for your kind comments.

I suppose it's not actually a bad model (although it's surely no better than 'average') but I was really disappointed. I bought this kit at the Southwell show a few years ago, and there was one in the competition section that someone had detailed, superbly, so that was the mental image of how I'd like it to have finished. I did start to add some internal detail, but pretty soon realised that the mismatch of the fuselage halves was going to need some serious sanding, which removed a lot of the external detain, so my plan to make a detailed model turned into a plan to just get it finished before binning it - I've got nowhere to display a model that big anyway.

Thanks also for your comments on my 'what next' question. I think it's going to be the Beaufighter, but OOB.
Pete

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Pete..... I'm late as usual but that is a fine looking Mosquito. Best thing about this hobby is we all get another "crack" at it on the next build. :thumb2: