"Pete's" 1/35 Mk A Whippet WW1 MemorialGB

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking great with all the added detail Pete.:thumb2:
Nice coat of primer too, looking forward to the colour.:hungry:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pete.
If I could produce something as clean and neat I'd be one happy chap.
Brilliant.
John.

D

Deleted member 5819

Pete.
If I could produce something as clean and neat I'd be one happy chap.
Brilliant.
John.
Thanks John I was hoping to do a bit more to it but my condition is now catching up with me very quickly so this is as good as I could have hope for.
Pete.:thumb2:

B

Brad9826

Great stuff Pete,
Q: As you use a hairy stick, do you apply the paint in opaque layers and build it up?, you get a better finish than I do with an airbrush...

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi calling this one done, there are no pictures because the more I did to it ie: detail painting, decals, weathering it just got worse worse so put it in it's storage box and consigned it to the loft with the rest of my models out of sight out of mind. Will start something new to replace it, and hope I can make a better job.
Cheers Pete.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Pete
Give it a couple of weeks and look again. Your probably just suffering from modellers nervousa, and it’s much better than you think. Work of this quality needs to be finished...and we’re all cheering you on here.
Cheers
Tim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete
Give it a couple of weeks and look again. Your probably just suffering from modellers nervousa, and it’s much better than you think. Work of this quality needs to be finished...and we’re all cheering you on here.
Cheers
Tim
Hi Tim the Whippet is completely finished it just not any good there's something I don't like about it sorry.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi this is not my idea but the good ladies, she climbed back up in to the loft and retrieved the Whippet so you can all decide for yourselves.

There is a bisplay base for it to sit on.

So What Do You Think.

Thank you for looking in, all comments welcome good or bad.
Pete.

Thank you for looking in, all comments welcome good or bad.
Pete.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Pete
Glad you have got this out again, and give my thanks to your partner. I will comment, as you have asked, but remember your tag line, your build your rules, and heed or ignore my comments as you see fit....this is all supposed to be constructive, so please don’t take any of it the wrong way.

Construction and detail8ng are first rate. Overall colour looks good. Tracks in particular look excellent. I would say this model is ninety percent there.....

Bodywork lacks a little depth though. Perhaps some judicious pin washing and dry brushing will bring out the texture a little more? You worked hard to get texture in here, so try to show it off a little.....
The rusty bits look a little two dimensional, perhaps a darker wash or spotting with a second rust colour will bring out the depth of colour...
Last thing is the earth shutes off of the track units, they simply look a little clean. I don’t think you need to slather this area with mud,, but some earth coloured dry brushing will show the function off a treat....

Take this information or leave it as you see fit, and I hope others fell able to give the same constructive criticism that you seem to need...i also sometimes find it’s easy to get lost at the end of a build when you have been so close to the job..

Cheers
Tim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete
Glad you have got this out again, and give my thanks to your partner. I will comment, as you have asked, but remember your tag line, your build your rules, and heed or ignore my comments as you see fit....this is all supposed to be constructive, so please don’t take any of it the wrong way.

Construction and detail8ng are first rate. Overall colour looks good. Tracks in particular look excellent. I would say this model is ninety percent there.....

Bodywork lacks a little depth though. Perhaps some judicious pin washing and dry brushing will bring out the texture a little more? You worked hard to get texture in here, so try to show it off a little.....
The rusty bits look a little two dimensional, perhaps a darker wash or spotting with a second rust colour will bring out the depth of colour...
Last thing is the earth shutes off of the track units, they simply look a little clean. I don’t think you need to slather this area with mud,, but some earth coloured dry brushing will show the function off a treat....

Take this information or leave it as you see fit, and I hope others fell able to give the same constructive criticism that you seem to need...i also sometimes find it’s easy to get lost at the end of a build when you have been so close to the job..

Cheers
Tim
Hi Tim, firstly thank you for being honest with your comments that is exactly what I wanted, and I'm not offended.
I need to know where to improve it seems I'm going backwards, as you say wash needs to be deeper actually there's no washer on it at all, it's one thing I always over did you can see it in my other WW1 tanks so I stopped completely the same with mud.
Cheers Pete.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I can't see anything to justify banishing it to the attic! Maybe a bit clean, as Tim said. Funny how we give models a wash to make them dirty...

Pete

B

Brad9826

Pete glad your other half has climbing skills.
I for one cannot give you any criticism , as I do not feel I have the set of experience to do so, why do I say that,.. One kit finished in four years, and it was bad, honest.
I can give you a slap on the back for getting it posted up, and to honest with you, I'd be happy with that result, and take away the feedback given by the other posters.
I totally know where your coming from when you put it back in the box, I do it all the time, hence very little from me , so your streets ahead and you have the courage to post your stuff, so keep it up, one whippet added to my tally.. Now crack on with the Renault..:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pete.
There you are we all agree, and thanks to your good lady for getting it down and making you post it.
There is no one more critical than your self, the thing is if some thing bugs you it does , and nothing can shake it off.
Take it easy on your self mate .
John .

D

Deleted member 5819

Firstly thank you all for being honest with your comments :thumb2:

This is my last go at this one, it will be back in it's storage box and consigned it to the loft with the rest of my models out of sight out of mind.

So Good, Ok, Bad or Bin cast your votes now :thinking::thinking::thinking: at lest it did not end up like the Mad Max Car I tried to build :tongue-out2: .

With it's canvas fenders covers on.

The base, and the tank in the background is the same as the model one.

Thank you for looking in, until the next time.
Pete.