Pete's folded Wildcat (AAGB)

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks great Pete! :thumb2:
They should make all aircraft with folding wings, we would have so much more space in our cabinets :thinking:...
Steven

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really fab model Pete she looks great an it something different really very well done great stuff you've done your self proud
chris

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks for the kind comments chaps.
Here's another one, trying to show the cockpit detail. Those trailing edges needed some more work!
P1150670.JPG
I rather like these big chunky American planes. They're certainly not graceful, like the Spitfire or Mustang, but they have character.
Pete

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Tidy job Peter. Have you ever seen how a Peregrine falcon folds its wings for a dive...…………...

D

Deleted member 7181

Lovely Pete. Looks different from the norm with the folded wings. Very nice.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
A really nice finish on something so small in size!!! Top work Sir!!!

But I'm not sure Peter, the title states folded Wildcat. The wings are a give me, but I expected you to fold it in half too!!!

I'll get me coat...…………………...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Pete , the new airfix tools are good little kits aren’t they . Cheers tony

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Yes Tony, it went together really well (or would have if I'd read the instructions properly) until I got to the folded wings. Until the glue sets they're free to rotate both vertically and horizontally. The stays would help the wings to hold the right position, but how do you hold one end of the stay against the tail, one end against the wing, and simultaneously hold the wing in place? I did try blue-tacking the wing to see if I could glue the stay, but I couldn't get it to hold, hence why I glued the wings and trimmed the stays to fit.
Pete