Pete's Hasegawa 1/72 FW190

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Well I've lost a few photos, but work on this has continued. The prop and cowl ring will have to go on before the decals, as there are 12 red triangles that join around the cowl. Wish me luck lining those up! There's a black flash along the fuselage side that I thought would be easier to mask before fitting the prop though:
P1150001.JPG
Here it is painted:
P1150002.JPG
I'm glad I picked this scheme - the other scheme has a similar black flash, but with a thin red border all round! Surprised they didn't include that as a decal. Anyway, that's where I've got to so far. Cowl on tomorrow, then a gloss coat, then decals... in between gardening duties of course.

Pete

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Well, after a coat of Microscale Liquid Decal Film, the geriatric decals behaved reasonably well. A couple of small cracks, but worse was that they tended to stick where they first touched, so the red/yellow triangles around the nose aren't lined up properly.
P1150003.JPG
Not too bad though, I'll touch them up with a little paint tomorrow, then they can have a matt coat.
Pete

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Starting to look like a real fighter Pete, decals can be a pain but it turned out nice :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Nice job with the decals pete
Luck, and careful photography Tony! Some of the red triangles don't end at the cowl ring, as they should. I should have trimmed the ones that overlap before I used Microsol, but now I'll have to paint over them. There are also a couple of gaps.
I like that a lot Pete, very colourful and nicely done
Neil
Thanks Neil. I'm often surprised that some pilots put such bright decorations on their carefully-camouflaged planes!

More Microsol today I think, then some touch-ups before the matt coat.

Pete

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
And... finished!
P1150006.JPG
More photos in the 'completed' thread. Thanks for watching.
Pete