Pete's Lancaster Bomber

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Great build so far. Just a little note (if you didn't know), the exhaust staining only goes over the wings on the two inner engines and the inner side of the outer engine. The outer side of the outer engines went totally under the wing.

D

Deleted member 5819

Great build so far. Just a little note (if you didn't know), the exhaust staining only goes over the wings on the two inner engines and the inner side of the outer engine. The outer side of the outer engines went totally under the wing.
Hi thank you for info on the exhausts good to know :thumb2:.
Pete.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Just caught up Pete and the bouncing bomb with mounts look great.:thumb2:

Love the added details and even some figures too, the finished look will be grand.:smiling:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi finished messing around with the cockpit now.

Added joy stick and navigators light and instrument panel.

Thank you for loking in , I know I'Ve got a lot off cleaning up to do :tired:
Pete.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pete

This is becoming a pretty serious looking toon. Great job.

John

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi I never got around to up loading this lot before I went into hospital.

As you can see I have got out the hairy sticks and tried to do a camourflage pattern, applied decals which are the stickers that came with the kit :sad:.

Hope you like it I'm all most done with this one.
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Wow fantastic Build Pete! I was only looking at this kit on Sunday , Just shows what you can do with a bit of scratch building.

c

D

Deleted member 5819

Fantastic work Pete, really liking all the modifications you’ve done to this one.
Hi Ian thank you for your kind comment, it took a lot longer than I thought but the end is in sight.
Pete..

D

Deleted member 5819

Wow fantastic Build Pete! I was only looking at this kit on Sunday , Just shows what you can do with a bit of scratch building.

c
Cheers Ben very much appreciated, thank you for stopping by, I think there great little kits the only thing wrong is the decals there stickers not good at all to work with.
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Another great build Pete, just remember when you thought no one would be interested in these beauties. I've noticed so many manufacturers starting to make them as well .
John.

D

Deleted member 5819

Another great build Pete, just remember when you thought no one would be interested in these beauties. I've noticed so many manufacturers starting to make them as well .
John.
Hi John and thank you very much, that's true but there are some people that like to call them toys or paper wights. I just like building them and will continue to do so.
Pete.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Pete,
That is a cracking little build mate love the scratched bomb.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi had a gentle start at the bench with the Spitfire base so I made the base for the Lancaster as well.
I use white card cut into a circle, added static grass, grass tuffs and flowers.

Thank you for looking in.
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator: