Pete's Sea King Mk41. Revell 1/72

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Starting to add some colour - well, different shades of grey:
P1170085.JPG
I had to colour in the painting instructions, they're really hard to distinguish each colour, as the drawing shows all the rivets so it's hard to tell what's the colour key and what's the rivets. Still quite a few parts to add, but I'll do that after painting.
Pete
Pete

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
A bit more colouring-in done:
P1170086.JPGP1170087.JPG
I've got a bit more done since those photos but my camera battery is flat! Removed the sliding door and touched in the camo underneath it, built up the main rotor. There are still quite a few parts to add, the winch, various aerials etc, but I decided to fit those after decalling so they don't get knocked off. So, I've just given it a dose of gloss Galeria
Decals tomorrow, with a bit of luck!
Pete

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Pete,

Apologies for very behind on this. That's coming along very nicely despite all the problems you've had.

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Pete,

Apologies for being very behind on this. That's coming along very nicely despite all the problems you've had.

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now your happy with that colour match things seem to be picking up :thumb2:
Looking good Peter .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
PETE is that little bottle to the left of the pic decals solution ? an if it is how does it work do it sofen up the decals so they will fit better ?
chrisb

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Chris, that's Micro Set. Helps them stick, and makes it easier to get them in the right place. It does soften them as well, but not as much as Micro Sol, which I'll use later.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, that's Micro Set. Helps them stick, and makes it easier to get them in the right place. It does soften them as well, but not as much as Micro Sol, which I'll use later.
Pete
OK Pete cheers for info an come to think of it i think i have got some in my big tomcat kit will have a look see
chrisb

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on really well!

ATB.

Andrew

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Getting close to the finish now. I'd left the winch off until today as it looks pretty fragile. There are three parts that fit between the winch and the fuselage.
P1170091.JPG
A total of 10 attachment points, so getting them to line up was a real struggle, and the paintwork suffered a bit.
P1170092.JPG
I've added some CA to the joints to try to beef them up a bit. I'll touch up the paint when the CA has properly cured, then I think it'll be ready for a matt coat. There are a couple of pitots to add, but I'll do them last, after unmasking the canopy, or they'll get knocked off!
Pete

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Pete!

ATB.

Andrew