Pete's Spitfire Tiger Models.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi there, I'll by trying to build this Spitfire next to shoot down Ian's Me109 Rat-a-tat-tat-tat, Brrrrrrrrrrrpp, Ka- BOOM :smiling5:.

There is one problem when I checked the box the canopy was missing and I'm dealing with Japan to get a replacement one :angry::dizzy::angry:.

Might have to sctach build one :dizzy::thinking::upside:.

Box Art.

Parts.

Have cleaned up all the parts ready for assembly.

Thanks for popping by.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi started the build stage on this one today.

I'm not doing my little history bit on this one because 1 there is so much on it and 2 if you have not heard or seen a Spitfire, well I wouild get thrown off the forum for saying something.

Made up the two under carriage wheels / tyres.

Drilled out main guns.

On my Toon builds I shortened the male location pins by 3/5mm and give them a sanding so you can test fit the parts
because these types of kits are push or snap fit and do not require glue they are very difficult to take a part again
without damaging parts.

Made up and fitted some under carriage wheelwell details.

Made up break pipes to wheels from copper wire, fitted side lifting ring to landing leg.

The bits marked in black where removed, drilled holes to represent the air frame, removed unwanted
moulding. I'm going to scratch build a rough cockpit.

Test fit.

Drilled out a gap around the exhaust manifolds .

Thanks for popping by.
Pete.

P

Polux

Magnificent start Pete!!
You really are a Toon Technician :smiling2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pete.
What's the betting you canopy is better than the missing kit one .
John .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Pete love the spitty an the gunfire sound gave me a right laugh as I was a bit depressed an that's cheered me up rat-a- tat- tat- tat Brrrrrrrrrrrpp, KA -BOOM indeed haha
chris

D

Deleted member 5819

HI Pete love the spitty an the gunfire sound gave me a right laugh as I was a bit depressed an that's cheered me up rat-a- tat- tat- tat Brrrrrrrrrrrpp, KA -BOOM indeed haha
chris
Hi Chris, if I can make someone happy my job is done :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi started work on the inside of the cockpit, I'll try and get as much as I can in there, right or wrong but it is right because it's a "TOON":smirk:.

Opened up the control pedals.
Before.

After.

Dilled hole for pipes.
Before.

After.

Made up and fitted fuselage frame bracing, added missing strip to front of seat, rear floor pan

Added center cross brace, hole to seat back.

Added head rest back plate., copper pipes.

Added joystick control rod.

More to come.

Thank you for having a look.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi, got some of the cockpit done today, lots of scratch building going on.

Made the seat harness for pewter & copper wire, added seat adjuster to side of seat. addeed the two buttons to the spade grip the press to transmit and the gun firing.

Made the air cyinder, coneting pipe and strap.

Made and fitted elevator trim wheel, throttle and propeller pitch controls, fitted crowbar to door. (will fit rudder trim wheel as well)

Made and fitted radio controller

Fitted up & lower wing halves together.

Fitted front carb air intake duct and intakes.

Test fittng.

The thicking pit.

Thank you for looking, hope you like it.
Pete.