Pete's V-bust WWII US Tank Crew, Gunner .

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete

Very nicely done, and it looks like our man - not easy to get a likeness. Will you be doing more?
Thank you Peter very kind of you, I did enjoyed it a lot funnily enough and would like to do some more but I don't think I'll be able to do anymore I'll leave that people like yourself who know what they're doing plus I only paid £10 for it and I won't be able to buy any more models for sometime the good lady wife got made redundant as beginning of June so penny's are a bit short and figures/busts aren't cheap, as for the likeness I don't think it close at all but saying that someone with more skill in figure painting than me might be able to do it.
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's a top effort Pete, just goes to show what you can achieve if you leave your comfort zone.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
Missed this - sorry. Well I reckon you have made a great job of this especially as you are not known as a figure painter. Could it be the first of many. A new venture?
Jim

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete
Missed this - sorry. Well I reckon you have made a great job of this especially as you are not known as a figure painter. Could it be the first of many. A new venture?
Jim
Hi Jim, very nice of you to say so, I think until you try something new like this you them can appreciate a lot more how much skill and time goes in to these busts/figures there is certainly some very talented people out there.
I wouldn't rule out trying another one.
Pete.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning first attempt at a bust. You must be pleased with the final look and the reaction from the guys. With your experience of Toons have you considered doing a WWI or II caricature bust? There are a few on the tinternet and I have seen them at the shows. Whatever you decide I do hope you do another one soon. Well done sir

D

Deleted member 7237

Stunning first attempt at a bust. You must be pleased with the final look and the reaction from the guys. With your experience of Toons have you considered doing a WWI or II caricature bust? There are a few on the tinternet and I have seen them at the shows. Whatever you decide I do hope you do another one soon. Well done sir
Hi Steve thanks very much indeed, I'm pleased but more shocked by everyone's positive reaction I thought I was going to get absolutely slaughtered as you know I don't rate my painting it's :poop: never have, never will, I have trouble with paint by numbers :smiling4:.
I tried to find the busts you mentioned but no luck have you got any links by any chance.
Cheers Pete.