Peugeot 206 WRC

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
next on the bench.......after all the trauma ive had with the last few kits ive done i need to do a Tamiya

2nw3o7t.jpg

2eeiooi.jpg

2wghhz7.jpg

5xsaat.jpg

1z4h5vl.jpg

2isdpqr.jpg

9r3ozd.jpg

First Name
Ross
Paul, will be pulling up a pew as I have this in the stash.

Tamiya Peugeot 206.jpg

cheers
Ross

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice choice Paul. I hope all goes well. Good luck:thumb2:

P

PWick

All the best Paul, I think at least it should go together well! Not only Tamiya but a WRC car as well, should be a winner!

First Name
Steve
Hi Paul looking forward to this build as i have fancied this kit for a while just to make a change from my trucks, i will be following.

All the best Steve.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
I follow this with interest and pick up some tips for building cars along the way.
Jim

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
unfortunatly im at the stage of painting all the bits so theres not much to show

but watch this space :thumb2:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
sitrep time

i seem to have spent the last week painting all the little bits.......seats have took me 3 days so far to decal, not finished yet!.....still got the shell to paint, and the 'glass' to sort out but i have at last got some bits glued together

rqx3pc.jpg

B

Big Red

I somehow missed this one. Looking good so far.

I was working for Peugeot when the 206 WRC was launched, and was lucky enough to be given a ride up the hill at Goodwood in one, so I will follow this with great interest.

Jim

Reactions: JR

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
well thats the chassis done..........now for the body shell......ive already fecked up the paintwork once, just come out of the stripper so hopefully can get it reprimed on tuesday night

343sp5e.jpg

28uwza.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Some nice painting there Paul.
Well worth it .
John.

P

PWick

S'looking good Paul. What are you using to strip off the paint? I've got one in strip and using brake fluid, but it only takes one coat off at a time!
Someone suggested Tesco General Cleaner, but our Tesco store hasn't got any!
The only other thing I have is oven cleaner that strips chrome quickly, but I haven't tried it on paint yet.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
S'looking good Paul. What are you using to strip off the paint? I've got one in strip and using brake fluid, but it only takes one coat off at a time!
Someone suggested Tesco General Cleaner, but our Tesco store hasn't got any!
The only other thing I have is oven cleaner that strips chrome quickly, but I haven't tried it on paint yet.

i use brake fluid, leave it over night and use an old tooth brush wen washing it off to get in te nooks and cranniess

ive found it all depends on what kind of primer is underneath it all.....ive used automotive primer before and its taken two goes to get back to plastic........im currently using Mig 'one shot' or Vallejo primer and they both just come off with no effort even after about 20 minutes

P

PWick

Cheers Paul. Perhaps I should get some fresh brake fluid! Mine's been in the garage since I built kit cars and my youngest son's beetle...........Matts Beetle.jpg
My Dutton Sierra.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mine's been in the garage since I built kit cars

blimey, not seen a Sierra for a very long time

i had a Geep

vgpz06.jpg

and yes, new brake fluid would improve matters lol

P

PWick

Thanks Paul. It's good to see your Geep, Ford powered like the Sierra.
I sold mine about 30 years ago to a guy in Oxford. When my fellow builders went to the Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh last year they saw my old car and the same chap still has it! He's put a tow ball on it and drives throughout Europe towing a glider in it's trailer, and competes in glider competitions! The only change he's made to it is replacing my crossflow 1300cc for a 1600cc version!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
at last im at the decal stage.........3 put on, another 60 odd to go!

not the usual nice tamiya decals, quite thick and taking a bit to get off the backing paper then lashings of microsol to try and get them to bed down..........i think once all t big decals are on it will be easier

2rfd7y1.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
60!! Good luck with that Paul. Turning into a nice model:thumb2:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
its taken me a week to get it on the chassis and put on a dozen decals cos they were the biggest and had to go round lots of bends.....used loads of microsol........theres 4 on each side that all join together.......now all the big ones are on theres only about another 50 smaller ones to go lol

b806x4.jpg