Pfalz D.IIIa

J

James Q

Well its been a good year since I've been able to build anything, work just got in the way, plus doing the house up didnt help. So I'm just starting this 1/72nd pfalz D.IIIa by Roden. The kit looks good par some flash on most parts. I'm building just as it comes but will be adding home made seat belts to the pilots seat.

Here's just a few pics so far....

Will keep it up dated.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
We don't see much WW1 stuff here, so it will be nice to watch this one.

Colin M..

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I've heard some mixed reviews regarding these Roden WW1 subjects, so will watch with interest to see how your build goes James. Nice choice of kit too, I quite like the lines of the Pfalz. There is a collection of WW1 aircraft including a Pfalz, flying here in NZ.

J

James Q

That guys. Yeah you have to treat there kits like a limited run example. I have a few of these kits done so know what to expect. Just wish there was more detail for the cock pit.

J

James Q

Not alot so far but engine is assembled and I have ordered some seat belts. Hoping to get the engine and cockpit painted tonight.

J

James Q

The engine done and painted, alot of it will be hidden but I've done a wash and think it likes ok lol.

Let me know what you think.

J

James Q

Here's the cockpit floor area and seat, basic but waiting for my WW1 seat belts to arrive from Hannants which fingers crossed will be tomorrow as they were dispatched earlier.

Will tidy it up abit when the seat belts go on, and try and get a better pic lol!

J

James Q

Thank you. Just waiting for the seat belts so I can crack on with it. Am thinking about a base for it too with another WW1 subject on it?

J

James Q

Well the seat belts turned up and now fitted. Main paint work is done, just need to put the decals on, and attach top wing and wheels and then its finished. Wont be doing any rigging as im terrible at it and its very fiddly in 1/72! Will up date with pics.