phalinmegob

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Andrew. Instead of a what if they had Callenger tanks in WW2, what about if the Balkans war had spread into Europe? The bits you have could fall into that era as well...

Denmark was closed Thursday, Friday and Monday, so my parcel has still to arrive!!! Still got enough to do at the moment.

Itchy trigger finger, Nah, Its just we have ten people that said that they will join in and no one had started a thread.

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

the tank and the miniart scare the life out of me. i might be less worried if i put some wings on it :smiling3:

M

msm2

Looking towards you doing the Miniart kit as I have a few in the stash. Just started one last night and its not that bad to build.

P

phalinmegob

we will see,got a dio to finish first before i start these,how long we got was it six months or six years?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
the tank and the miniart scare the life out of me. i might be less worried if i put some wings on it :smiling3:
A good assembly Guide to be found on Mini Arts web site.

Tanks would be fine if they did not have so many wheels and tracks!

Ian M

N

noble

You'll do fine andrew just think of it as it can fly but has fully retractable wings and everything will turn out dandy, but we are here if you hit a snag.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well said Scott. That is the very idea behind the group build; All build the same subject and help each other along the way if we hit a bump!

And sorry Andrew, its ONLY six months.

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

ok here is my first question...

i am looking for some figures tank crew and soldiers,only really looked on e-bay yet but all i can seem to find are ww2,were do i start looking for more up to date 80's - 90's crews..some links will be great as i dont have a clue as to all these funky aftermarket manufacturers and such like.

or do you guys buy ww2 figures and paint them in modern uniform colours?

ian, thanks for your earlier comment, i am now steering towards bosnia ,just found a great picture of some bosnian graffiti on a farm wall just outside that town call something like strebonichkia,i know its spelt completley wrong but cant be bothered to look..going for me tea now ,i'm bloody starving and the missus has a big pan of scouse on the hob

B

Boldman

I found some modern tanker figures at Accurate Armour, but these are resin and not cheap, so not sure if you'd want to go that route...

Military Models and 1/35 Scale Models by Accurate Armour

P

phalinmegob

believe it is customary to post a few sprue shots, i am nearly ready to start these and now i am looking at the parts i am even more scared lol. did not know a tank had so many parts. must say that i have never even looked at a tamiya model before and the detail on the kit looks very good compared to anything else i have built. right ,think i will go off and play with the mini art kit, listen out for the cursing

View attachment 28618View attachment 28613View attachment 28611View attachment 28612View attachment 28614View attachment 28619View attachment 28615View attachment 28610View attachment 28617View attachment 28616

View attachment 28607View attachment 28609View attachment 28608

View attachment 34166

View attachment 34167

View attachment 34168

View attachment 34169

View attachment 34170

View attachment 34171

View attachment 34172

View attachment 34173

View attachment 34174

View attachment 34175

View attachment 34176

View attachment 34177

View attachment 34178

P100511_17.33.jpg

P100511_17.38_[01].jpg

P100511_17.38_[02].jpg

P100511_17.37.jpg

P100511_17.38.jpg

P100511_17.34.jpg

P100511_17.32_[01].jpg

P100511_17.38_[03].jpg

P100511_17.34_[01].jpg

P100511_17.35_[01].jpg

P100511_17.32.jpg

P100511_17.35.jpg

P100511_17.37_[01].jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Before you start the Mini Art swearing contest, grab a cuppa and have a look on their site. There is a very good guild to building the Houses etc. on there. There is even a video or two.

MiniArt: Plastic model kits, AFV, Historical miniatures & Figures, Building & Accessories you might have to clik on the assembly guid button in the menu on the left.

Good luck. Take your time there is ages yet!

Ian M

R

Richy C

Welcome to the armour side of our great hobby , you won`t go wrong with a tamiya tank , and a very nice choice of bits and pieces for your dio , although the miniart dio`s/buildings are frustrating to make and you WILL do a lot of cussing and cursing and filling they end up looking great and you will be well chuffed

looking forward to this one

Richy

P

phalinmegob

the main problem i can see at the moment is that the miniart base is not going to be big enough so i am going to have to try and make a bigger base and match the cobbles up on the base of the minart out of plaster or something.the tank will take up all the space in front of the building and i will not be able to see anything else.off to the shed to see if i have any mdf left.

R

Richy C

Why not build the miniart dio base and the tank along side each other , if the tank does not fit make a basic desert base out of mdf , by then your be hooked with dio`s and you will have a nice miniart dio base ready made for something a bit smaller

just an idea ?

Richy

P

phalinmegob

anyone ever tried pouring plaster of paris into the back of a mini art kit,wonder how well the moulding will turn out,it is not as detailed inside,got some plaster here,sod it gonna have a go for curiosity's sake might be able to make some more cobbles for the floor area.i will have a go before i start cutting out the vac form sheets.

M

msm2

You could always buy the farm yard part.

MiniArt: Plastic model kits, AFV, Historical miniatures & Figures, Building & Accessories

Kit36015.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Andrew

You cna buy some cobbled road sections, there are two different types, if you go onto the MiniArt site and look in the catalogue section you can see them on there.

You can get them from Creative models or try e-bay.

Tom