Photo Booth

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Well, officially I am now retired and an OAP! That said I have a couple of months of consultancy to do helping in the handover but that will only be up to 10 hours a week and at £150 an hour they wont want to call on me too much!!!

So what now for modelling......

A couple of ideas

First I think I might pay a bit more attention to photographing the completed builds. To that end I am considering buying (about £100) a photo booth that incorporates different backgrounds and lighting. It all disassembles so it can be tucked away. The one I have my eye on is 80cm x 80cm x 80cm which should be big enough for almost all my 1/32 and the planned 1/48 bomber projects, but not a 1/32 4 engine heavy if I decide to build one of those......

Does anyone use such a booth and if so what do you think?

I might also get my son over to give me photography tips as well after lockdown. Before he heads back to Cusco Peru to resume his Andean photo-tours business.

Decent photos seem a good way to expand the model hobby in retirement.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Barry I've one like this, mine came with 4 lights.
I changed the bulbs to daylight.
Use it occasionally as no room to leave it up in the cave.
Certainly gives a good source of light.

1617633754317.png

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Barry I've one like this, mine came with 4 lights.
I changed the bulbs to daylight.
Use it occasionally as no room to leave it up in the cave.
Certainly gives a good source of light.

View attachment 419206
Interring. I see it’s 40cm which would be a bit small for many of my 1/32 models hence my opting for 80cm.
Limited-time deal: FOSITAN Light Tent Light Box 32"/80cm Portable Photo Studio Box Kit with 2 Dimmable LED Bars (White Light Warm Light), 252 LED Beads, 16 Brightness Levels, 4 Colors Backgrounds, for Photography https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FB1S...abc_5Y1RHVHS6E7K3Y0EH5DV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It looks like I’ve got essentially the same one John has, though I had to buy some lights separately. I’m quite pleased with it and would recommend it (or similar) to someone wanting one to photograph models in. However, it’s only about a 50 cm cube, not 80 cm like you’re after.