Photo Group Build "Archive".

P

Polux

Good evening to all!

The photo GB will be part of our work calendar next year. I suppose most of you are agree that’s a really interesting GB with many possibilities as well. Copy a model on the instruction’s pictures is ok, but copy the same model on a real layout is a fantastic challenge for the modeller. So I invite all you to take part on this Group Build next year ;)

Why...? Well, Ian allows all kind of eras and topics!! And you have plenty of time if you want to permutation with other works!!!

You want to copy the Berlin Railway Station on ruins here you have the possibility. You proposed a F1 car and it had the enough votes....here you have the opportunity to build it :smiling3:

I’m searching for a constructive thread with all your help guys and gal. Create a little photography archive for the next year that should help many of us to find ideas and inspiration for all the GBs 2015.

You have some interesting photos, post here!

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome; anyway try to keep it serious please. This thread should be a good reference place for most of us. ;)

Hope you like the idea and help me to go on with this suggestion.

Thanks

Polux

Last edited:
T

tommy1drop

I haven`t decided which one to do for this GB yet, but looking at yours and Alan`s it`s going to have to be a good one;)

P

Polux

Remember you can "use" these photos for other GBs! This is the idea ;)

\ said:
I haven`t decided which one to do for this GB yet, but looking at yours and Alan`s it`s going to have to be a good one;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I,m with Tommy have not decided, as let , both yours Polux and Alan are great choie,s :rolleyes:

hard to mach,:confused:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think the idea Pollux has is not to post the build you will be doing, then every one can copy it and do the same. I think it was more to make a collection of photos for inspiration...

Is this what you meant Pollux, or have I gotten it wrong?

Ian M

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I agree Ian and think that would be better way of doing thing, as i real have no cue in what i like to do, there is just so much

maybe have it in groups of pics that people post to give an idea, with an example ? :rolleyes:

P

Polux

I'm agree Ian, I'm looking for a "inspiration" archive...

I know tha major part of the members are always searching reference photographies. I'm just inviting all you to share with the others :smiling3:

We can create an interesting thread! Many members and different interests...

Well Ian...hope you take part and post, almost, one photo :P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
If I understand correctly this thread is about one photo and it's based on that , or have I missed the point ?

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I agree, once i have an idea, i can search for reference,pic,s, but get that idea is what is the hard line

, as i mostly work off whats in my head and believe me you dont wont to go there lol, :rolleyes:

once you have the idea you can lookup for inspiration, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Phew! I saw that picture & for a moment thought you'd already finished that War of the Worlds dio Alan!
The one I want to do is this photo , complete with the strings holding the war machines but the whole dio will have much more :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that is a great idea Alan i real like that one as well, but cannot do the same, ;)

oh also time for some leds, nice bright green ones, :D

P

Polux

Repeat O_o

You can post how many photos you wish!

Remember free era and theme.

They should be "inspiration" photos...or what you think should be ok for the "copy" GB.

Example: If you show a picture of ALL Berlin on ruins is difficult to copy, but is ok for a inspiration...O_o

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I have a small brain and not quite understanding exactly what is going on here. I didn't see a photo GB on the calendar.

If I have this right, you can build anything you like even if it didn't make the official GB/SIG calendar and put it into a setting resembling a photo or scene which you have selected. The photos here are to motivate and inspire? I must be tired or something...

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats how i see it as well, Joe, Im, just used to what pop,s in my head not copying a picture of a scene, ;)

and as i have so much going on in there for builds, its just getting one out lol,:confused:

and then finding a photo of some think simulate to copy, if i have it right, ;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
I have a small brain and not quite understanding exactly what is going on here. I didn't see a photo GB on the calendar.If I have this right, you can build anything you like even if it didn't make the official GB/SIG calendar and put it into a setting resembling a photo or scene which you have selected. The photos here are to motivate and inspire? I must be tired or something...
It's on the list Joe, 3rd one down after The Battle of Berlin