Photography contest 2014 Chat/comments..

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
keep it constructive and keep it in here.

That is all.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
When you post your photos, it is enough with just the photo and the camera details. if you feel the need to explain the photograph, please do it in here.

Ian M

P

Polux

Ouch :oops:

I have clean my threads Ian ;)

Just a fast question.

Time ago, I post a thread with two diecast models, where I do some scratch build modifications.

I wondering myself if they can have a photographic session.... :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
keep it constructive and keep it in here.That is all.

Ian M
Wow! Now that's what I call straight to the point. I'm too frightened to enter anything now!lol

Oh, excellent photos thus far chaps......

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I think this is a great idea from Polux I've put one on but it's not the best and the ones so far look awesome :smiling3:

I hope this catches on as it's great to see good builds and learn something about photography :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
I've put one on but it's not the best and the ones so far look
We have plenty of time Alan, all the 2014!! Just keep the photos coming!!!

P

Polux

Hi friends!

What do you think about my last two photos?

The Smaug one I will to repeat....the archer doesn't look as I want :smiling3: but was a difficult photo, the fire is autenthic!!!

And the lake one is really strange....I shot it today. I needed 1.6s shot, and the water is moving very slow around the plane......the final result is this water that looks made by computer O_o

My first inttention was to shot on the sea, with a nice red sun looking very far.....but seems I will take my time to go at the beach, so I decided to shot here at home :P

P

Polux

Hi all!!!

Just six weeks and the 2014 will end..... Come-on guys, we have an open contest!!! I invite all you to post some photos of your excellent builds. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just to add to my good buddy from Catalonia's post.....

To be honest I wasn't going to submit a photo, but having seen the relatively few pictures posted for the 'comp' I'll be adding a few......If only to make up the numbers.

So how about more of us doing likewise?.....even those who have already submitted some.

Personally, I see it as a bit of fun, but it would still be nice to see more snaps on show....We all know there are stacks of good ones on S.M. 'cos we've seen them, haven't we?

Let's make it worth the time and trouble Ian went to in sorting this out, and get more images entered .....

Cheers,

Ron

P.S. Here's a thought. How about a 2015 Scale Models Calendar, made up of images from S.M. member's models?.....Just an idea.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
P.S. Here's a thought. How about a 2015 Scale Models Calendar, made up of images from S.M. member's models?.....Just an idea.
I have had the same thought Ron and might have a look around and see if I can find a place that can print some off.

Twelve pictures and the GB dates all marked in... Sounds good to me..

Does any one know a place that can do that...?

Ian M

B

Bunkerbarge

Photobox. Last year I created a book for my wife's Christmas present. It was very fast, beautiful quality and completely designed by myself.

P

Polux

I really like the calender idea :smiling3:

I will think about it, I'm sure we can found a good solution for all us!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just to make people aware:

Some luck bugger has 14 days holiday from the 19th. December and has plans on counting up the votes for the entries.

So it you are considering posting an entry or two, now would be a good time. Also if you have not been in to have a look and vote. The last chance to do so will be the weekend starting the 19th December. !9, 20 and 21 Dec.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just click on the thumbs up icon. AND ONLY the thumbs up one. All others will not be counted.

I have liked your post so you can see what it looks like.

Should you change your mine you can undo it and place a vote elsewhere.

You can vote for as many as you like, but voting for them all would be a bit pointless so please don't.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ian, if it helps re. the calendar idea, Vista Print did my wife and I a great one for 2014.

C'mon folks, as Ian and Polux have posted, only a few days left to add your pictures. I'll be adding a few more to make up the numbers. Remember it's a bit of fun, so have a look at your model pictures and sling a few on to the (as yet) small collection.

I'm sure everyone has some great photos, so how about some fresh names on the Comp. thread?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I have been exchanging P.M.'s with Polux expressing our concern over the lack of photos for this. I wrote I'm worried about posting the ones I have submitted in case members get the wrong idea as to my motive....To me this comp. is fun, pure and simple.

It is a great opportunity for us all to share our pictures for mutual enjoyment, with no thought of which is best.

Polux and I are going to post a few more in the Competition and we hope this will encourage other members to do likewise.

As my Catalonian buddy wrote in his message to me " Post your pictures - and don't worry!"

So any more? I know they are out there. Forget the competition element, just show us your pictures.

There are only a few days left before Ian pulls the plug.....

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well peps. just a last reminder to cast your like/vote in the photo contest.

Make a cuppa, or pop a tinny if you are that way inclined, sit back start at the first photo and look them all through.

Then go back to the start and cast your vote.

I will be counting them up in Monday(ish) and as Ron aptly put it I will be pulling the plug. LOL

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
36 pictures, not a bad haul.

Just this w/end left to post your pictures - if you haven't already done so.

I'm sure there are excellent photos out there in Scale Models land. So how about a last flurry, hopefully from folks yet to join in the fun?....and remember, that's all it is....fun!