First Name
John
Yes there certainly attractive Lee.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I can see why you love the trains so much Lee.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Can we have some photos of the whole layout if possible please Lee. You can see the amount of work that has gone into this, how long have you had the layout ?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great stuff Lee. Model railways must be a huge amount of work but I can see the attraction. Your own world in miniature.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice "shots" Lee...the cracked asphalt on the highway is the "bomb"! :thumb2: Rick H.

I don't know Lee.....If I were you, I would be on the phone to the Wortham Street Department and tell them to get out here and fill the potholes ASAP. That way the drivers won't ruin their car's suspension driving into them. Layout looks really good too Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice "shots" Lee...the cracked asphalt on the highway is the "bomb"! :thumb2: Rick H.
Thanks for the complement Rick. I’m sorry it’s so hard to let go of your first love. I’ll have more updates soon

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great stuff Lee. Model railways must be a huge amount of work but I can see the attraction. Your own world in miniature.
Jim
Jim yes there’s a lot of work and time and skills you have to master to get a layout to look halfway decent like PaulE and mine and others here. Both My layouts has gotten me through some bad days it’s a place you can go and forget Reality I really enjoy both of them. I’m a Blessed man.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Can we have some photos of the whole layout if possible please Lee. You can see the amount of work that has gone into this, how long have you had the layout ?
Sure JR. I’ll get you a shot of my HO one it’s only 4x8 feet and still needs lots of work. I started building on this in May 2012 this was a very rough patch in my life. My Farther in Law had a massive Heart attack in front of me and passed away that was in Dec. 2009 I had to be strong for Belinda and Allee she was 9 years old at the time Belinda was devastated the pain and Mental stress would not leave me so I decided to fill one of my dreams build a HO layout. With God helping me heal and this Layout I finally moved on.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sure JR. I’ll get you a shot of my HO one it’s only 4x8 feet and still needs lots of work. I started building on this in May 2012 this was a very rough patch in my life. My Farther in Law had a massive Heart attack in front of me and passed away that was in Dec. 2009 I had to be strong for Belinda and Allee she was 9 years old at the time Belinda was devastated the pain and Mental stress would not leave me so I decided to fill one of my dreams build a HO layout. With God helping heal and this Layout I finally moved on.
A hard time indeed Lee for all of you.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I don't know Lee.....If I were you, I would be on the phone to the Wortham Street Department and tell them to get out here and fill the potholes ASAP. That way the drivers won't ruin their car's suspension driving into them. Layout looks really good too Sir!!!

Prost
Allen
Yes Allen I need to get on the Highway Department the road is outside the city limits. I hope this Spring or Summer they will get to work on that Highway. Thanks for the complement.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee,
As John said it would be good to see the whole layout. I do like the tarmac.
Thanks Paul. I will try to get one soon so you can see the overall look I’m glad you stopped by.