Pigment fixer dissolving my model?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
As some of the others have said use a gloss coat, others say that's not necessary. Personally I use Klear to seal the surface and leave it over night, I then brush on a thin layer of Tamyia X20 thinners and add the pigments. To build the pigments up if you want more depth is to tap the pigments off the tip of a brush then using a long bristle thin brush gently wick the thinners into the pigment and allow to dry that way you can maintain a textured finish. when this has dried out mist over the matt coat of your choice. There are of course many well tried and tested methods but this works for me. HTH.
Scottie

D

Deleted member 7181

Brilliant Paul, thanks. The more methods I can try the more likely I am to find one I can get to work for me lol.

With my little Russian tractor I ended up dabbing on a pigment/odourless thinner mix, then flicking some dry pigment over the top. I was pretty happy with it until I added a coat of gloss varnish to make it look wet. That kind of buried the pigment effect, but at least it looked decent for a while :smiling5: