Pink Panther's Kawasaki ZX-10R

P

Polux

I’m a little crazy, I don’t exactly how many threads and builds have on the way.... But here I am!!

The important is don’t lose the calm. :smiling3:

The first thing I can say when you open a Japanese kit is.... well, it turns like a surprise box, and very pleasant certainly!

Inside you can find any kind of things, like fantastic instructions ( in Japanese ;) ), bright publicity or an impressive folder!!

Talking about the kit, looks ok. The chassis and all the pieces seems to be very good moulded and clean.

It’s my first ever bike, but I’m not nervous!! Maybe the only thing keep me ‘worried’ is the decal work, looks a difficult challenge..... don’t lose the calm again! ;)

Regards

Polux

View attachment 65113View attachment 65114View attachment 65115View attachment 65116

View attachment 66262

View attachment 66263

View attachment 66264

View attachment 66265

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Polux.......... That looks great. The Fujimi kits are really very good. Lots of detail. The Decals on a bike can be tricky. Take a look at my Austin Powers Repsol Honda in my Gallery........ That one was a bitch.

Good to see you on the GB with this one .............. I'll look forward to the result.

Peter

S

stubrun

like Peter said, i like the fujimi kits, i have a few jaccs accord race cars and the parts detail is a lot better than my hasegawa civics. shall be watching this ;)

P

Polux

Thank you Stuart & Peter!! Will try to do a good work here!!

Regards. Polux

M

m1ks

Love the box art, mouldings look nice and crisp, I'd say comparible to tamiya looking at the pics, thing I find that helps with bike builds is lots of dry fitting to make sure everythings going to fit OK, (as in, some bits NEED to go on before others), painting in sub-assemblies helps too.

Stock up on Microsol and cuss words for thos decals, :P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a cool looking bike. Do the three manga girls come with it :smiling:

I'm sure that you will do it justice Polux.

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
Love the box art, mouldings look nice and crisp, I'd say comparible to tamiya looking at the pics, thing I find that helps with bike builds is lots of dry fitting to make sure everythings going to fit OK, (as in, some bits NEED to go on before others), painting in sub-assemblies helps too.Stock up on Microsol and cuss words for thos decals, :P
Thank you very much!!

Have your advices mate!

Regards. Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
Thats a cool looking bike. Do the three manga girls come with it :smiling:I'm sure that you will do it justice Polux.

Ian M
Arfffh...not my friend..!! Well, but I have the folder! :smiling3:

Regards. Polux

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Polux ............ How is progress on the "Kwacker" ?????

Peter

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux ............ How is progress on the "Kwacker" ?????Peter
Uppssss!!! Sorry I don't see this post!!!

Well....how to say it..., have only two pieces of the engine glued...

Promise, will start this weekend!! :smiling3:

Thanks for ask mate!

Polux

P

Polux

Hi friends!

Maybe because today I see a MotoGP race.....I decided to start this built! ;)

I don't like specially to paint all the pieces one by one.... but the major part of the chassis are primed and painted in black colour (some parts with matt and others with semi gloss varnish).

The quality of the kit is not great.... I have to drill all the brakes for a nice look (0,5 mm).

Thanks for looking

Polux

View attachment 69432

View attachment 69433

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
nice start,...did you enjoy drilling the discs?.....i find it kind of relaxing lol

J

John Huggins

Looks the dog donads to me Polux, loving this one.

Never done a bike myself except milatery ones that is.

Looking forward to this one.

John

P

Polux

\ said:
Looks the dog donads to me Polux, loving this one.Never done a bike myself except milatery ones that is.

Looking forward to this one.

John
Thanks guys!

Me too John, it's my first one!

After an hour observing the picture on the box and the manga girls....and asking myself how to built this one, I have three conclusions:

The first: I will built a bike, so a resistant colour base isn't needed, because there isn't weathering... I try a tip (new or not, I don't know) I use an only coat of black primer. The colour is perfect to me. And the parts that needs a semigloss varnish, just I mix the black primer and the varnish. The result seems to be great. The advantge is only needed one coat with this method, and the model looks very fine and more detailed with that. (two coat less, the normal kind is /primer+black+varnish/)

The second: want to do a dry brush on some parts like the chassis or engine... Was thinking if I do with light grey or white...mmmm...will look 'dirty'... So I will try with gloss varnish!! Eh...? Let's see what happens ;)

And the third: I prefer the manga girl on the left.... ;)

Last edited:
P

Polux

\ said:
The brunette on the right for me Polux
Nice choice :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Mmm...I said the girl with glasses... Because, seems, she has her 'point'.... ;)