Pink Panther's LAV III "UN version"

P

Plastickitbasher

Hey Polux

This is looking very good, great work. I will keep watching this...

P

Polux

\ said:
Going very well Polux. Is the kit that bad? Looks OK from here, but ok I'm a long way away!Ian M
Ok Ian...

I will try to explain, without confusing you!

The kit is very entertaining and easy. The instructions are clear and slow. The plastic is of an acceptable quality, but the pieces have enough 'blemishes' that it's necessary to sand (very troublesome).

At some time, with the piece in the hands and already with glue, I discover that holes are absent where they must go... And in the instructions they are drawn like already existing!!

The PE are magnificent (up to the moment), very successful and easy to work.

Well ... it's not a spectacular kit, but I would return to construct one without think!

Hope this help!

Polux

Had the same problem with Trumpeters Chally I've build. Nice instruction, not bad details but spruces were design badly, connections in wrong places, a lot of excess plastic on parts etc. I remember that between lower and upper hull was quite a big gap:/

P

Polux

\ said:
Had the same problem with Trumpeters Chally I've build. Nice instruction, not bad details but spruces were design badly, connections in wrong places, a lot of excess plastic on parts etc. I remember that between lower and upper hull was quite a big gap:/
Before, you asked me for the putty, well...as you said, I think is coming soon, with the upper and lower hull!!

I'm looking they worried, because seem don't fit much well...!

J

John Huggins

Keep the faith polux, looking top notch keep the pic's coming.

John

P

Polux

Ok! I left all the night the upper and lower hull glued with type (after a little work of sand they).

This afternoon, after work, I will see what happens... Seems looks good!

Polux

C

CDW

There's a nice lot of detail on that body Polux, will look great when painted up.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That looks Nice Polux. Looking forward to seeing it painted up.

Tony.

P

Polux

P

Polux

Today's update.

I start the torret. The PE..... well.... today are nightmare (only this in 3 hours of work...). Are very difficult to bend it!!

Thanks for looking.

Polux

View attachment 55934View attachment 55935View attachment 55936View attachment 55937View attachment 55938

Ps: Can someone tell me how to imitate clothes or similar, please? I want to fill these baskets with complements and different things.

View attachment 58056

View attachment 58057

View attachment 58058

View attachment 58059

View attachment 58060

P1010017.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010024.jpg

S

Sky Raider

Looks fantastic Polux. The thing that i cant work out is this PE stuff... some of the parts i agree with and without PE i doubt you would get the detail but some of the PE parts could have been moulded with the same result. Do the do this to justify the eatra cost?

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Polux thats some serious pe work going on there,looks awesome!

P

Plastickitbasher

Polux.

Great work so far that PE is looking very smart indeed although it does look a bit tricky.

Keep up the good work, once painted this will inded be most impressive.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very sharp Polux. You have no worries with that PE it looks great.

As for clothes and the like, you can make blankets and folded clothes from the "lead" foil from the tops of wine bottles. Its soft and easy to form. Modern Sleeping bags are stowed in bags. They can be made from modelling clay.

Andy PE is no black art. If you can build things like the Duchess or the Happy Hunter, I'm sure you can get your head around a few bits of Brass. As to the need for it... Some bits are just cutting off plastic to replace it with a bit of brass that it no better. It a case of judge it your self befor you cut the plastic. Other parts are just screaming out be changed out.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Beutiful job, the pe looks fantastic, its almost a shame that you have to paint it.

Andy