Pink Panther's LAV III "UN version"

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Some great work there Polux its looking very good so far, and no doubt it will be a masterpiece after all the weathering

M

mobear

oh my goodness,and i havent started mine yet lol,yours is ace

mobear

ps love the base

T

treyzx10r

Excellent Polux, this is really looking sharp and I'm liking that base too!

P

Polux

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
why the hell have i missed this build buddy ive just gone through the hole thing and you've done an amazing job in every aspect...and the colour is superb its quality so much so this kit is now in my wish list at hannants...once again top marks

M

mobear

Polux love the colours and detailing on this,but i hate you lol,mine is looking glum at the moment,keep up the good work,thnx for the showing of the build

mobear

C

CDW

That white-oil is quite good, i may see if i can replicate that stuff with some inks i have.

Coming on really nicely Polux.

P

Polux

\ said:
That white-oil is quite good, i may see if i can replicate that stuff with some inks i have.Coming on really nicely Polux.
Hi Colin, thank you very much!

Just an advice.... It's my first time with oils, in fact I bought they for the Andrea figure (viking), but I want to learn use they here, in this model. The problem is I bought a cheeper ones (like school boy)....and are like "plastic paint". During the dry brush on the LAV the paint dry to fast, and seems it made "pigments", was very difficult and bore. But now I buy a good one and the difference is amazing! Now I will change all my colors.

I promise never be a "avaricious" again. ;)

I post a pic to see the difference. I'm sure with this new one it should be ok to do dry brush and washings....

I tell you all what I learn and advices!

Regards

Polux

View attachment 57042

View attachment 59019

P1010116.jpg

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux love the colours and detailing on this,but i hate you lol,mine is looking glum at the moment,keep up the good work,thnx for the showing of the buildmobear
Thank you very much Ole!

But...don't hate me please!! ;) ;)

Have fun

S

Sky Raider

Looking good Polux, i can see this turning out to be one of them competition winners.

Andy

P

Polux

Hi friends!

Sorry, I haven't any pic to show today.

I do another coat of satin varnish and paint little details, because it lost with the white dry brush.

Cheers.

Ps: Thank you very much, I don't know exactly why I have a 5 stars! If you all don't molest, I will continue posting step by step this build. I think it's interesting for all learn how we made our models. And if any one has a different tricks or ideas can comment together.

Polux

P

Polux

Hi all!

Well...I start the weathering and washes. In fact is more easy, went you see do it for another person in a magazine or photos, than you in front of your model (Supposed with the years I will catch experience).

Still much work to do, but it's ok for the moment. I will paint the interior wheels and put pigments on the down hull, think no more....

Never paint in white again.... it's very difficult and all your mistakes are see!! ;) ;)

Ok....the pics....sorry to talk so much! ;)

Thanks

Polux

View attachment 57168View attachment 57169View attachment 57170View attachment 57171

View attachment 59138

View attachment 59139

View attachment 59140

View attachment 59141

P1010123.jpg

P1010122.jpg

P1010124.jpg

P1010126.jpg

M

mobear

cool way to splat the paint,would never have thought of that ever,still looking very natural

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Great effects going on here, cant wait to see more mate.

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb painting polux that colour looks amazing really battle worn and dirty

M

mobear

this is looking awesome Polux,i`m not to happy woth the base yet,its shiny lol need to bull the sheen off,and finish the wash on the coyote,but thnx for the kind words

mobear

P

Polux

Hi Ole!

It's true! I like your base!!

Mmm....how to say it? It's not and advice! In my base I use all the brown colors I have, coat upper other coat.

And the shiny will disappear!