Pink Panther's Pallet Factory (Building GB)

P

Polux

Hi friends!

This is my entry for the Building GB.

View attachment 89478

Is a pallet factory from the brand Faller at scale 1/87 (HO). His size is 404 x 140 x 185 mm. Is a new item from 2013 (ref. 130188). And is considerate an époque II item, so this means was building during 1921 – 1945.

Is not my first kit from Faller, and must say I’m really pleasure with the quality and the final result of all them. Is more than habitual, on the train modellers, that they build directly the buildings OOB with only a few and final weathering, this is the reason the kit comes with a different colours on the sprues, inclusive with some weathering as well!. In my case I will repaint all the set :smiling3:

View attachment 89479

Of course this factory will be part of my train layout in a near future, so I will build it without a base or over a diorama.

The only doubt I have in this moment is the paintwork. With a fast look, I have discovered all the walls are made of wood (the original building), so it will be a good challenge to recreate an old and damage wood all around. And I’m considering recreating an abandoned factory as well..... I want an old and abandoned building on my layout, the typical factory dirt and full of “graphities” on the walls :smiling3: Maybe will be this one :P

Thanks for looking.

Polux

DSC_0552.JPG

DSC_0553.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice Polux, cannot wait to see your magic on this one, good luck :D

P

Polux

Thanks Moni!! :smiling3:

These buildings are really easy and fun to build :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hey amigo, that looks good.....we are up and running!

P

Polux

Dear Ian!

Is just an idea by the moment....but, can I recreate a little "scene or diorama" with one or two buildings more...?

Or better post here, only, the under construction thread of the building, and once finished open a new thread with all the "diorama" ends? :oops:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I dont have a problem if the diorama has more than one building in it..

P

Polux

Yep!! Here I go!!!

First at all, I change of plans of course..... :smiling3:

I will build it on a little base with an abandoned appearance. I’m changing my layout and this item don’t will be there ;)

The colour is much better than I expect, as equal the detail...so I decided to do a weathering paintwork with enamels by the moment. This kind I don’t will lose these details with the “normal steps” - primer + paint coat + enamels for weathering....

The excess of paint is easy to take off with a little sponge!

View attachment 89927

View attachment 89928

Thanks

Polux

DSC_0572.JPG

DSC_0569.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That wood is looking very convincing Polux, great work so far mate.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
That wood is looking very convincing Polux, great work so far mate.
I second that.

Ian M