Pink panther's Safari (Ian's Tiger Meet SIG)

P

Polux

Here is my entry for the Ian’s SIG.

Will go with this military Land Rover and modified to turns a typical safari car, with tiger streams of course.... Will paint at free hand (no decals) and want to try to do a heavy dusty effect too, the South African roads are a hard terrain....

Have a little old base from my vengeance of Smaug, and will use here.

Just two figures on it, the first one will carry boxes on the Land, the other look fantastic as showing, like he is playing with an animal. (a tiger maybe :smiling3: ). With little parts of wood will do the front wall of an old hut....

Have a nice safari and many thanks!!! :smiling3:

Polux

View attachment 65321View attachment 65322View attachment 65323View attachment 65324

View attachment 66451

View attachment 66452

View attachment 66453

View attachment 66454

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Last edited:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice idea Polux, not so much "A Tiger meet" but "Meet a Tiger"

I'll look forward to seeing how this comes together.

Tony.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice idea Polux, a change from the usual military themes. Look forward to seeing your little safari.

P

Polux

\ said:
A very interesting idea Polux, looking forward to see how this develops
Thanks Ian.

If is something different of you have thinking, just let me know! No problem to change it!

Thanks guys!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thanks Ian.If is something different of you have thinking, just let me know! No problem to change it!

Thanks guys!
Not at all Polux carry on I'm looking forward to it

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Great build, I love the hut, is that scratch built or kit? I be a watching this thread with interest.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Great build, I love the hut, is that scratch built or kit? I be a watching this thread with interest.Si:smiling3:
Hi Si!

My first intention is do it in scratch build, but found this pretty hut in my model shop with a perfect size too...., then....

Thanks

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great work on the jeep loving the building and the base may I ask what you used for the soil as it looks very good cheers John

P

Polux

\ said:
Great work on the jeep loving the building and the base may I ask what you used for the soil as it looks very good cheers John
Hi John!

Over the wood base I apply a coat of glue, then a modelling material (it 'give' form to the soil). Wait about 20 minuts and then apply another coat of glue with authentic earth/land. Now is dry, and will paint in a difference color, I prefer a more light brown color here.

Hope this help you!

Thanks

Polux

Last edited:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's looking really good Polux.

Peter