Pioneeres of aeromodelling progress-E.J.Riding

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Eddie Riding and his many model subjects can be traced back in the wartime editions of the Aeromodeller,his models were built up scale types with intricate construction that followed closely the full size machine,not surprising as he was a private pilot at that time.

He can certainly go down in modelling history as one of the happy band who must have bought some cheer into the lives of modellers in the desperate war years in Europe.

Sadly he was to be tragically killed in an Auster aircraft which stalled on take off,the ironic thing was that the rear jump seat on this type of machine bought the centre of gravity rearwards when occupied,hence the aircraft was out of trim.

The name of Riding lives on today as R.T.Riding a member of the same family is editor of that wonderful magazine 'Aeroplane Monthly'

I trust that these mini-monographs will serve to remember some great enthusiasts and model builders of their time,they paved the way for what we have today.

A

adzam

aww bugger !

fresh out of beer mate, the rain is off just now. i`m gonna nip down to the off licence.

through some more wood on the fire i`ll be back shortly :hammer_1:

:great: keep `em comin mate , i`m enjoying them if no one else is . :beer2:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Good to hear that Ad,wood fires eh ! sounds just great,the rain is throwing it down here and the evenings pulling in,just thumbing through a big pile of plans to see what to build as a winter project,anyway go get the beer stocks in and dont let them get so low in future,just think what would happen if you got snowed in ?