Please Read.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Here you go guys a bonus SIG for you all to freak out on!

Take an Aircraft kit and paint it in a Camouflage (or military scheme) that the real one has not been painted in.

Camo from another country, made up, you choose, just as long as its reasonably believable. (So sorry no tartan spitfires!!)

If you dont want to trash a kit from the stash, a repaint is fine by me, I only ask for a before you start photo. If you wish to go totally nuts and alter the aircraft.... Be my guest.

I'm off to see what I can find.

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm looking forward to this build Ian, think i'm going stale at the moment with armour. This SIG will spice things up a little and get the juices flowing again, the only limit is your imagination so it'll be nice to see what it brings out of us. Well, i have my build in the stash ready (F-14D) and i've found some decals for an X-Wing too. The scale is off but i've got something to work from.

Great idea matey, really looking forward to it.

Have fun, John

C

CDW

\ said:
(So sorry no tartan spitfires!!)
that's it....... pick on the Scottish :smiling3: :smiling3:

this is a great idea. you know what I'm up to with this one and I assume its ok.

when do we start?

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Went shopping today, for ideas mostly, and I think I've got something. I saw a Folland Gnat in red Arrows colours and wondered what aircraft the "Arrows" would have if they upgraded again, must be very manoeuvrable and above all British. Then it hit me, I had a little giggle and bought a Harrier, a GR7A granted and not the trainer version, but this is "What if" after all. So this will be my offering for this SIG build, A Harrier decked out in Red Arrows colours.

I've got some stuff to finish first but I'm really looking forward to this one.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Erm did I forget sumit? Oh jer!

Ready....

Steady....

Get on with it!!

:laughing:

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Erm did I forget sumit? Oh jer!Ready....

Steady....

Get on with it!!

:laughing:

Ian M
What? Now? Work bench here i come then!!

Tony mate, can't wait to see that one. Sounds great.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ok mine is going to be the old airfix Hawker Siddely (later Bae) Hawk. Imagine what would have happened if the soviets had got hold of a Hawk prototype or plans in the 1970s when they were ready for replacing their ageing Aero L29 s in the jet trainer role.I imagine they would have reverse engineered it , like they did with the superfortress into the Tu4 , so my What if? is a slightly altered soviet unlicenced copy of the hawk in soviet camo colours. tony

P

phalinmegob

i am gonna jump in on this one, dont know what yet though, i fancy making something up.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think I said the rest of the year...Didn't I?

Maybe I just thought it...

Ian M

Just checked, yep rest of the year.

P

Polux

Tartan Spitfire....

Ok Ian...

Imagine me like Scarlett in "Gone with the wind", model in hand and red sky: I promise my self never will give up!!! Someday, with or without Ian, will do my "tartan"....

Music orchestra and all the people quite affected...

:grinball1:

Ps: give me two days, friday go to the shop, if I found something I will come in again..... I'm in stand by now!!

Polux

P

Polux

The entire world conspiring against my, I will not give my arm to turn.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

C

CDW

I think using that tartan paints cheating .... it's much more satisfying when you have to mask it bit by bit :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Antway do we have an entry from our great leader ? ? ? .. (yes Ian, thats you!!) :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Still looking for a victim Colin. I have a few ideas I just need to get the idea to jell

Ian m

B

Boldman

Okay I'm going to bite on this one as well...

What if the MOD saw some sense and ordered some F/A 18s to put on the new aircraft carriers...