Plymouth Duster Funny Car Dragster

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
kit is the old 1/25 Monogram/Revell Cop Out Funny Car which is based on a Plymouth Duster, coupled with some Fred Kady aftermarket decals for a real Duster ProStock dragster from way back then

ive always wanted to do this kit again but not as Cop Out, been saving decals along the way to make up my own scheme for a dragster then i happened on to the aftermarket ones

since its a Funny Car body its not quite the same as a ProStock it was never going to be done as a 'replica', simply a way to make a dragster that looks ok, so a few decals needed a bit of surgery as shapes and profiles are different

paint is Mr Hobby Aqueous Gloss which im really getting to like, it comes out very shiny even before a clear coat

scratch built distributer and wired up the motor

a13.jpg

b13.jpg

c13.jpg

d12.jpg

g11.jpg

h10.jpg

and a couple for scale

e11.jpg

i10.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Beautiful result on this one Paul, all you need now is a little old silver haired Granny type with her purse and shopping list climbing in to do a little blast down the boulevard to the corner market to pick up a few items she forgot when she was there last.:thumb2::rolling:
Rick H.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thanks Rick, im planning on a Don Prudomme rail dragster soon...........not a fan of the sport but i can appreciate the engineering involved

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I can understand that Paul. Takes an awful lot of ingenuity to design and build something that covers 1420 ft. in less time than it takes to blink.