Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale s

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

They're as rare as hens teeth mate, she's actually spent over 1000 quid on this birthday if you include the London break as well.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well after an update on my samsung tab s2 it has made it totally useless for posting on forums so I'm now stuck with this incredibly slow and clumsy laptop so here is the next installment. i was following silver911 build of this and decided to emulate his enhancement of the exhaust joins and copied his use of aluminium foil on them.
dmpkz8.jpg

also I've added the thickening where the oxygen sensors go
301m1oi.jpg
[/IMG]
301m1oi.jpg

(its made from the phillips screw covers from a bedroom unit)
made a start on the engine too. Added some weathering as well. Put a rule in the last pic to give an idea of the size of this beast.
wv4kkz.jpg

fa6lbs.jpg
24czg2r.jpg

2nswgm9.jpg

157hy8j.jpg

2e5ijjk.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Made a start on the exhaust valve and made up the spring hangers soon be ready for priming.
14100af.jpg

2cqmfzn.jpg

16krn2b.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I've started weathering the exhaust I'm using Uschi metal powders and a combination of copper and blue grey dry brushed on, still more to do but it looks promising
2zejm8h.jpg

15ozexg.jpg

f01476.jpg

Added some more engine details like the generator wires
2dhzn9s.jpg

2vni79g.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here is the first disappointment with the upgrade kit he supplies the steel beads to make the banjo connectors for various connections but then tells you to use poacher 2 millimetre bolts for the head of the banjo connector (there are none supplied in the kit only cross head screws) I realise Paul has built loads of poacher kits, this is my first so I don't have any poacher 2 mill bolts, what I do have though is these.
2u6z4p3.jpg

So onwards and upwards
4qkksg.jpg

I've made the springs for the exhaust too.
2w3qf69.jpg

ifcs4w.jpg

mx25no.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well (despite the gorgeous paint job on the kit parts) I've primed it ready for the new colour (I intend to leave this for at least a week to cure before adding the first coat of the two pack paint I have)
2hxx754.jpg

Done some more to the engine
301ik3o.jpg

2uik8kh.jpg

ea48yv.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next instalment.
I got fed up with taking longer to find a part on the many sprues in this kit by looking for the small tab on each sprue with the letter I needed (I'm surprised I didn't think of this the 2 times I built the Traction Avant kit) I've written a large letter on each bag for which sprue is in it.
2d8l6ja.jpg

I've made the starter motor terminal from a piece of whittled down sprue
25ri7tf.jpg

Added the oil cooler with the added layers and the banjo connector using Paul Coos detail adding info
346vmfr.jpg

And the finished starter motor.
acdjmd.jpg

Bit more weathering on the engine.
11b0pk4.jpg

All in all I'm quite pleased with the progress (even if it's glacially slooooow)

T

Trekkie_John

Don't stick a battery on Ken, that thing with start matey. Great attention to detail.

Have fun, John

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Ian and John, I'm really enjoying this.
I made this connector with some sprue, Paul Coos CD really is a mine of information (loads of reference pics of the actual parts, that's where I got the seams on the exhaust from)
27y7o7b.jpg

This part is like a little kit in its own right
5trl00.jpg

dwass0.jpg

2elurmo.jpg

9k5v0k.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all i wanted to try and show you all just how big this is so, this is a 1/24 lorry engine.
2w1tseh.jpg

Now put it on the engine and you get an idea of just how huge this is.
9k5v0k.jpg

I just couldn't wait here is base colour (No clear lacquer yet)
nn5dvr.jpg

j7xpts.jpg

9s6vz5.jpg

2mcadyg.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Well we've been away for the weekend at our friends caravan and I came back to a bit of a disaster
2e4m8vq.jpg

All the plastic parts are fine I couldn't work out what had gone wrong but now I have
10eqx74.jpg

No primer, I assume the plastic parts were primed hence they are ok.
I've removed the paint
2lj2gi0.jpg

(Another chance to see how big this is its nearly as long as my thigh)
Now I just have to 're prime it, I'm just wondering if I have enough of the blue left this thing is so big it took nearly a whole can to paint it(admittedly I did both sides of all the parts as I was not sure if the back of any parts could be seen) hopefully no more problems will occur.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all repaired the tank. I have to say I really, really, really love this colour
23kxjes.jpg

5y5ub.jpg

Made the water pump too.
4t13eq.jpg

e7xt6t.jpg

2la5uh5.jpg

Did I mention how much I really, really, really love this colour.