Hi all well after an update on my samsung tab s2 it has made it totally useless for posting on forums so I'm now stuck with this incredibly slow and clumsy laptop so here is the next installment. i was following silver911 build of this and decided to emulate his enhancement of the exhaust joins and copied his use of aluminium foil on them.
also I've added the thickening where the oxygen sensors go
(its made from the phillips screw covers from a bedroom unit)
made a start on the engine too. Added some weathering as well. Put a rule in the last pic to give an idea of the size of this beast.
Hi all well here is the first disappointment with the upgrade kit he supplies the steel beads to make the banjo connectors for various connections but then tells you to use poacher 2 millimetre bolts for the head of the banjo connector (there are none supplied in the kit only cross head screws) I realise Paul has built loads of poacher kits, this is my first so I don't have any poacher 2 mill bolts, what I do have though is these.
Hi all well (despite the gorgeous paint job on the kit parts) I've primed it ready for the new colour (I intend to leave this for at least a week to cure before adding the first coat of the two pack paint I have)
Hi all here is the next instalment.
I got fed up with taking longer to find a part on the many sprues in this kit by looking for the small tab on each sprue with the letter I needed (I'm surprised I didn't think of this the 2 times I built the Traction Avant kit) I've written a large letter on each bag for which sprue is in it.
I've made the starter motor terminal from a piece of whittled down sprue
Added the oil cooler with the added layers and the banjo connector using Paul Coos detail adding info
And the finished starter motor.
Bit more weathering on the engine.
All in all I'm quite pleased with the progress (even if it's glacially slooooow)
Thanks Ian and John, I'm really enjoying this.
I made this connector with some sprue, Paul Coos CD really is a mine of information (loads of reference pics of the actual parts, that's where I got the seams on the exhaust from)
Well we've been away for the weekend at our friends caravan and I came back to a bit of a disaster
All the plastic parts are fine I couldn't work out what had gone wrong but now I have
No primer, I assume the plastic parts were primed hence they are ok.
I've removed the paint
(Another chance to see how big this is its nearly as long as my thigh)
Now I just have to 're prime it, I'm just wondering if I have enough of the blue left this thing is so big it took nearly a whole can to paint it(admittedly I did both sides of all the parts as I was not sure if the back of any parts could be seen) hopefully no more problems will occur.