Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale s

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well it's arrived man it's huge here is a pic of the box
(I see tinypic have closed down so none of the pictures show, I'm going to try and replace them over a period of time, please be patient)
And just for size comparison here it is along side a calor gas fire
IMG_20170919_46873.jpg

IMG_20170919_53108.jpg
The instruction manual
IMG_20170919_58655.jpg
It's really well packaged
IMG_20170919_17261.jpg

IMG_20170919_1241.jpg
And here is the Paul Koo upgrade kit
IMG_20170918_9841.jpg
IMG_20170918_2747.jpg
IMG_20170918_37611.jpg

There may still be images missing as I dont have all of them any more (this will take a while as I have loads of builds to do this to)
I'm not allowed to start it till my birthday on the 26th of next month though (although I wasn't allowed to open it then);)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tony

Very nice Ken. Not often you find a kit that arrives in its outer dedicated outer packing.

P

Polux

Wow!! Superb!!! :eek:

What a pearl you will build!!! Enjoy it ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've not actually started building it yet but I couldn't resist comparing it to the biggest scale I've built so far (1/6 bikes) these bikes are huge but putting the ducati crank case and gearbox along side it this is going to be enormous (baring in mind there are no cylinder heads or fuel intake on it) by the time I add those the engine will probably be twice this size.
I will probably being upsetting the purists among you as it won't be the box colours it will be a custom job.
51wkm.jpg

fn8g1y.jpg

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Ken. even tho your my brother I'm jelous, as I can not find them sized bikes. When I do they are all ready made and with case or twice as small or only 1:12 scale where do you get them sized models from. But very nice tho. :mad::D:p

D

Deleted member 3568

Jim it's a pocher kit normally 650 quids worth of kit plus the upgrade kit I managed to find it at jadlam racing for 480. Pam bought it for my 60th.

james pithouse

First Name
James
ok i'll have a look. good present, but your naughty for having it early you should wait to open it on your birthday

T

Trekkie_John

Going to keep you busy Ken, do like the Panigale.

Have fun, John

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Incredible!!:eek::confused::cool:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I won't be here on my birthday so I got permission to start it today.
I decided to start on the exhaust as it has been noted as the worst fitting part of the whole kit, this thing is huge the bit of the exhaust I've started is the length of a 1/24 car and that's basically just the down pipe. So here is the start of this massive kit, I must say I'm buzzing with excitement.
sqghas.jpg

I've plugged some of the screw holes
jt9u04.jpg

Then decided to add the first missing detail, the welding seam on the curved outside and inside section of the exhaust (i will add the weld seam round the other side when its finally attached to the rest of it)
dzcdoi.jpg

15dp2di.jpg

I've not glued the two sections together yet to make drilling of the holes for the oxygen sensors easier.
amfrpv.jpg

281znf6.jpg

There's loads of detail you could add just to this part and I'm going to try and add it all, I did say TRY.

james pithouse

First Name
James
great work so far ken, does pam know that you nicked the exhaust from the car lol.:D:D:D:p:D

james pithouse

First Name
James
no seriously, that is a great start. Are you going to make it look old or just leave as is. ho happy birthday for saturday enjoy your birthday.

james pithouse

First Name
James
Sorry. I thought it was saturday, I always get you and dad mixed up as you's 2 are only 2 days apart, but born in different years. So what's it like getting old lost any more brain cells yet or have you got smarter in your old, soon be for the zimmer frame or wheelchair lol.:D:D:D:D:D:p

D

Deleted member 3568

Jim I lose Bain cell evry dey cam burly spel worms thes dyes wot tul yo gut thus ag.

S

steve5

this is going to be worth watching ken , by the way where do you get a missus who doesn't you spending 600 quid on your hobby :rolleyes: , just thinking out loud .