Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale s

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well flitting about decided to start on the front fairing it may not look it but it's a fairly complex bit
mn2lbq.jpg

2n1tdlu.jpg

29o0oew.jpg

5lbb6g.jpg

k9t4wz.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Moving along now, still a long way to go though, but at least it's looking like a bike now.
11a906e.jpg

hwmjv8.jpg

ezo1n5.jpg

2w6hwro.jpg

2crt10n.jpg

Not happy with the oxygen sensor wires I think they're too thick, they're networking wires I don't have anything thinner, any suggestions.
r8ca2v.jpg

F

Fenlander

I always have a stock of lead wire in many thicknesses to cover things like this. I used .5mm for the ignition wires on the tractor build. This is an amazing kit.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've got to say I'm very disappointed with the hardware upgrade kit. I'm not an engineer and I don't have a box of assorted small diameter bolt hexnuts or assorted rods but Paul seems to think anyone buying his kit has them I now have to try and find some threaded rod for the foot pegs, anyway whingeing aside the heal guard is missing the attachment hardware Paul suggests to make sure you can get the centred you cut the heads off the bolts and glue them in place allowing you a chance to centre them
2i0b1o9.jpg

On closer inspection looking at the rear of the part there are two lugs where the bolts go through on the real thing which if drilled from the rear gives you the ability to centre them also giving you the realism of having the bolts sticking out the back once added
9u4zs6.jpg

nxtn49.jpg

The top bolt on this bracket as supplied is a Philips screw.
mj5u6q.jpg

Paul's solution is to cut the head off a socket screw and glue it over the screw
e9cazc.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all finished the rear suspension and made the rear stand as this thing is getting heavy and is not very stable standing on only it's rear wheel and the exhaust
2ewpiqc.jpg

2q8r211.jpg

2ee94co.jpg

p7mg4.jpg

24e9vgg.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

I really love this kit. I'm working on the handle bars, there are more parts in just these bits than in some 1/24 car kits I've built (I'm not looking forward to the tiny decals)(They supply all the decals there are on the real bike) it has working break and clutch levers and a working throttle.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I've done one of the handles (the decals are tiny even with my magnifying lights they were difficult to place)
35mjgye.jpg

346uzq9.jpg

I've added the cable and wiring that's missing.
256bn94.jpg

51pmyu.jpg

2ag507t.jpg

P

Polux

Everyday that you post a new update....everyday that I think this kit looks more amazing!!

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
great work ken better than my sh*t heap xv1600 roadstar in bin where it belongs waste off money take a look when you get time

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well this has been on and off half a dozen times as I couldn't find a way for the clutch reservoir horizontal then I checked some ref pics to find it's at an angle on the real bike. I was getting so stressed trying to get it level and horizontal, I'd have been pulling my hair out if I had some.
xerlev.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all it’s been a while but here is the next update (what a pita this was) I snapped the screw in the steering head clamp so had to drill it out then re tap and guess what I cross threaded it and snapped it off again (don’t know how it’s still in one piece) on another forum a member called silver 911 has some PE radiator grill made to upgrade the radiator he kindly gave me the email of the company that produced them for him and gave me permission to use his fins so I’ve ordered them (I feel a bit guilty as they cost him50 quid )( costs for creating the pattern I suppose) only costing me 21.60, anyway it’s a vast improvement over the kit supplied part.
300azgx.jpg

2j0jk28.jpg

x5tbhw.jpg

J

Jens Andrée

I do a bit of woodworking and whenever I use brass screws I dip the screws in beeswax before screwing them in the pre-drilled holes because they often snap in harder woods because of hard friction.
I don't know if this is the problem you've had but some plastics can have a similar friction, enough to snap screws.
A little dab of wax, or some other kind of lubricant, is never a bad idea!

Small screws are often much harder than large ones because they're hardened through whereas larger ones have a softer core and doesn't snap as easily, that's also part of the problem I guess...

I hope the third time is successful but add some lubricant just to be sure ;)