Polar bears winter hibernation

M

m1ks

My little boy has been doing a study of different bears and habits at school and part of his homework this week, (homework at 5 years old I ask you!), he had to build / draw / make a bears cave.

He decided he wanted to do the polar bear, of course the downside to a polar bear is the inside of a polar bears cave is going to be a bit, well, stark and white!

So my missis hit upon the brilliant idea of a polar bears hibernation cave.

I whipped up a quick polar bear for him with Fimo, (I know, you'll all be wanting me to make you stunningly realistic animals for your dio's once you've seen this but i'm afraid I just don't have the time, sorry)

:lol

We wanted to keep it as realistic as possible so we ditched the idea of the satellite dish and sky box, then the TV looked a bit bare so that went and we just stuck with the fireplace, log pile and xmas tree.

So here it is and a deservedly proud little dio modeller.

F

Fenlander

No matter what you do in this world, if you get a smile like that for doing something, you are a rich man.

S

Sky Raider

Yeh, made him very proud, dont think you'd get a job at the wax workx though, not even the house of horors lol

Andy

M

m1ks

Ooh, harsh words, i'm hurt :smiling3:

You think I should bin my application to madame tussauds then?:lol

M

m1ks

Now that's not a bad idea, I wonder if theres a market for it? :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
thats one happy chappy you got there!

I'm not sure about your jumper though m1ks :laughing:

S

Sky Raider

:lol didnt want to mention that, thought it would be a little too personal.

B

Bunkerbarge

When I was not much older I had a challenge at school to make a hat. My Dad and myself built a lighthouse on a rocky base. I had to go to bed so he finished it for me that evening. There were two wires that hung down from the side that I had to twist together and the torch bulb in the top lit up. Brilliant, you really can't eat modelling with children. My hat was over fourty years ago but I remember it to this day. You lad will probably do the same!!

By the way won't the fire melt the snow?

M

m1ks

\ said:
By the way won't the fire melt the snow?
Always a critic isn't there

:nonono: LOL.

I'm not sure how that would work, but it works in the mind of a 5 yr old so i'm not arguing.

Next time I see an eskimo i'll ask how they go about it :smiling3: