polikarpov i-153

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hello all, heres the latest off the production line,the smer 1/72 kit of the polikarpov i-153.some sources reckon the kit is inaccurate but its one of only two out there,so i altered it the best i could, but hey,it looks near enough for me! Brush painted with games workshop acrylics and weathered /generally muckied up with the airbrush.rigging done with bait elastic(i said i wasnt going to do anymore biplanes,but its an important one in russian wartime aviation so i had to!)Incredibly the soviets were still using these fighters in late 1942,this particular one being flown by maj.p.biskup. thanks for looking cheers tony :plane:

View attachment 19357

View attachment 19358

View attachment 19359

View attachment 19360

P1040493 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1040498 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040502 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040504 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice one Tony, i'm glad you decided to make another biplane mate. Top class.

Take care, John

S

Satnav313

Looks great Tony.:poster_ke

How much do the games workshop colours cost?

I've seen one in leeds but the paints i could see looked very bright and unnatural, do they change when they dry?

Thanks,

Tom.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi guys,thanks for your kind comments. as for the paints theyre about £2.25 a pot but they are really nice paints ,you can brush them without them drying too quickly ,yes you do need to know what colour you need and mix them to match but some of the colours are perfect as they are ie bestial brown is a brilliant one to use for brown leather,just ignore the crazy names (scab red , vomit brown, rotting flesh e.t.c.!!!)ive not tried airbrushing them yet but i imagine thinned with distilled water theyd be fine. hope this is of some use cheers tony:beer:

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
hi guys,thanks for your kind comments. as for the paints theyre about £2.25 a pot but they are really nice paints ,you can brush them without them drying too quickly ,yes you do need to know what colour you need and mix them to match but some of the colours are perfect as they are ie bestial brown is a brilliant one to use for brown leather,just ignore the crazy names (scab red , vomit brown, rotting flesh e.t.c.!!!)ive not tried airbrushing them yet but i imagine thinned with distilled water theyd be fine. hope this is of some use cheers tony:beer:
Nice work mate, i often look at these models you guys make and try to imagine just how hard it is to make these things. I know i put a lot of hours into my build but trying to do the details that you do at such a small scale must be very time consuming and requires a much steadier hand.

Well done to you and all the rest of the gang.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
cheers andy,wait till you see the next one!!! im just about to upload it now,finished it today,not bad eh, two models in two days(actually ive had four on the go at the same time ,it just happens that two finish at the same time,still ongoing is the 1/32 mig 17 and 1/72 fouga magister) thanks for your comments cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Drawings of Russian Aircraft

Tony,

Reading your Forum contributions, it seems you are a dedicated scratch builder, I came across the web site below which seems to contain a huge source of Drawings for Russian Aircraft, which I know is another of your interests. You may already know it but if you don't hope it helps with one of your future Projects.

Index of /other/draw

Kind Regards

Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi derek,thanks for the site,ive just been having a quick look, it looks really useful especially if you get google toolbar to translate it .you can never have too many references eh? once again thanks cheers tony