polish advance

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks really good to me!

I have to say I'm not sure how those two guys would have been able to get up onto the bedroom floor though.

Gern

W

wellsyman

Great work andrew . I just orded the miniart german shed and u just built one of there kits how was it did it go together ok. Cheers steven

P

phalinmegob

they go together really well as long as you take your time cutting them out of the vac formed sheets, on my first one i tried to cut them out using a knife but soon found out that this is just no good. i use a simple joiners pointed bradawl and scribe round a good few times(dosnt take many passes) and then just snap the pieces out, then sand them on a flat sheet of sandpaper to get them smooth. you will find that by using small strips of the waste plastic and glueing them on to one side of the mould in strageic places will help you lots when trying to line the two halves up especially round door and window frames as they can be a bugger to line up but this makes it easy.

W

wellsyman

Thank you andrew that will help me alot cheers steven

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice dio. Andrew. The Miniart building look well and your painting is spot on.....

In my book you can never over do the weathering where street combat is concerned, just take a look at real photos. Rubble, dust smoke, all sorts lying about!

Yours looks just fine, great job.

Cheers,

Ron

B

Brickie

\ said:
That looks really good to me! I have to say I'm not sure how those two guys would have been able to get up onto the bedroom floor though.

Gern
Ladders.

I was slightly disappointed because I thought it was going to be a dio of Polish troops advancing - but nicely done nonetheless ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Has no one considered that the guy on the first floor are thinking "How the hell are we going to get down from here, now the stairs are gone..."

A great scene Andrew. I agree that it looks really good. It looks like there is even room to add a tank or armoured car at a later point if you get the urge.

Stephen; if miniart used the time and effort to cut the parts off the sheet two things will happen. 1) the price will double, 2) you would get a bag of bits to sort though. Looking at the ones I have I cant see why they don't tool up and injection mould them. Its not as if the plastic is paper thin. In fact some of the parts on the sprues are thinner than the vacuum formed parts?

They do build you nice though even if you have to fiddle a lot to get things in place.

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

its also part of the fun cutting them out. i have a few more in my stash and love them.i have now figured out about the two soldiers on the first floor.....

see a little known fact about the german army is that they carried bright yellow ladders with them everywhere they went.

View attachment 40216

edited.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You've certainly climbed the ladder, 'extended' the story and 'rung' out the best answer!

P

Polux

Nice diorama!

A job of weathering very obtained, and I love the figures. I believe that miniart makes a few very interesting buildings!!

PS: that nice coincidence!! I have prepared two posters for my dio (winter patrol) and one is yours (soldier and his flag (der silgwird unser sein!!!))!!!

Regards

Polux

R

Richy C

Great dio Andrew , and a great reply mate , Ron has summed it up with his post also , love the posters and the rubble around the building is spot on pal.

Richy

T

tommy1drop

Hi Andrew great dio, i really like the weathering and the scene, excellent work mate.

Tom

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice build and well done.

And the ladder isn't standard issue, is it ?

Must have nicked it - lol

Tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work there Andrew, love it mate. Them Miniart kits are great but you've made it look better, five stars mate.

Have fun, John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Nice build and well done.And the ladder isn't standard issue, is it ?

Must have nicked it - lol

Tony
After trying to steal Poland, France, Russia etc from their original populations, it wouldn't surprise me to hear they'd nicked the odd ladder as well! :lol

Gern

First Name
Chris
Outstanding Andrew, you've captured a real sense of motion with the forward advance. I feel I may have to move onto 1/35 dio's because your dio is a great advert for the miniart range.

5*

Regards

Chris