Poll results for the 2015 calender..

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
if you know someone who makes a FC Landie and Rapier in 1/35 let me know cos id want one! :smiling3:
I have a link to rapiers and landies http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_35th_Vehicles.html

P

Polux

\ said:
I have a link to rapiers and landies http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_35th_Vehicles.html
That's a really interesting link, thanks for sharing ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
140 quid!! your having a turkish!! :eek::eek::eek:

bit rich for my pocket im afraid :P

interesting to know someone does them tho

now find me an Oerlikon GDF 35mm and a Skyguard radar cos that would be even better :D

P

Polux

Dear Ian!

Just a question....sorry :oops:

On the "snow GB", a futurist figure is allowed (I suppose yes)? I can do it with a winter camo....but how "long" has be the base to be accepted...?

Thanks

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
On the "snow GB", a futurist figure is allowed (I suppose yes)? I can do it with a winter camo....but how "long" has be the base to be accepted...?
Well our man in the field, Ron said anything with snow, so who knows? I would think as long as you can depict it as being a snow scene some how, size is not the issue.

Ian M

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have some questions about the four engined bomber subject, is it four engines or at least four engines? Does it have to be an aircraft designed specifically to drop bombs or can it be any four engined aircraft that CAN drop bombs? Do depth charges, rockets, torpedoes and missiles count?

E.g. Nimrod, P-3, Sunderland.

P

Polux

\ said:
Well our man in the field, Ron said anything with snow, so who knows? I would think as long as you can depict it as being a snow scene some how, size is not the issue.Ian M
Thanks for the imput Ian. ;)

P

Polux

Mec, mec!!!!

Sorry Ian, here I am again...O_o

My question is: on the snow GB, the most important is this....the snow, ice and other effects on the base. So, I can use an unfinished kit for this GB...? In fact isn't a normal kit, is my scratch build "Majestic Farmer", that never has been finish yet....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
at least four engines?
Works for me

\ said:
can it be any four engined aircraft that CAN drop bombs? Do depth charges, rockets, torpedoes and missiles count?
Yes.

In fact I could go as far as to say any aircraft the armed services that has four or more motors. with or with out props.

That should open it up a bit.

Ian M

D

Deleted member 4203

The first GB is the under a tenner isn't it? And when will the first GB start?

D

Deleted member 4203

So is there an order that they go in or what? Sorry if I sound like a dope :confused:

P

Polux

\ said:
So is there an order that they go in or what?
Not necessary :smiling3:

As you can see on the link, this is the Scale Models Forum builds calendar. If you want, you can join in all them or just at any!

You choice your favorites!

Anyway we only look for a "compliment" on the dates. That means you can NOT start the Motorcycles GB on January O_o

In a few days you will see the new threads on the forum. Many of us are looking for share and comment ours new builds and ideas :smiling3:

Hope this help you. If you have any doubt, please, ask again ;)

D

Deleted member 4203

Yes, I was interested in the one that is making a set under £10, As I only joined the forum on the 24th, I thought it would be a nice thing to try :D

First Name
Neil
As I just happened to buy an F5 for under a tenner, may give that a whirl, but can I just clarify, is the model itself under £10 or does that include materials? I know I need some paint for the F5. If I added extra decals/masks/PE etc that would not be covered I assume, but just checking on paint?

Neil

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
As I just happened to buy an F5 for under a tenner, may give that a whirl, but can I just clarify, is the model itself under £10 or does that include materials? I know I need some paint for the F5. If I added extra decals/masks/PE etc that would not be covered I assume, but just checking on paint?Neil
Just the kit for under a tenner Neil

First Name
Neil
Ahem, yes I meant an F6 Hellcat.... deliberate mistake obviously :P

I have a Revell B17 (the non-Memphis Belle one) that I could do for the 4 engine - we'll see, depending on how I do with the F6. No, it really is a B17, not a B24 or Lancaster