Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mainly Castor with some Synthetic

• Mainly Synthetic with some Castor

• Total voters
W

Wowbagger

Okay, I've been a 20% Castor man from day one. The reason? Early synthetics were junk - this is 1970's - so never touched 'em since.

Couple of years ago I started running a couple of big motors. Super Tigre 3000, 30cc, and a G20/23, 23 cc and used the recommended fuel of 12% total oil content comprising 6% Castor and 6% Synthetic. Works fine no prob's. Puzzlingly (is that a word?) I have a Moki 30cc and the manual states 15 to 20% oil, Castor only! :rolleyes:

Lately been running an ASP 91 four stroke on 20% Castor. The motor seemed okay if a little tempremental. Tonight I used a 10% Castor, 10% Synthetic mix and the motor is quite obviously happier on it. Frankly I'm amazed. Plus the gunk is easier to clean off the model!

So what are you peeps using in your run of the mill engines?

Please post what you like about this particular fuel.

A

adzam

was using 16% in me model car , better for more `poke` than 10 %. (.21)

otherwise i haven`t really experimented with fuels . seems to be a science in it`s self

W

Wowbagger

Further to the synthetic/castor thing, last week I used 10% castor, 10% synthetic, 5% nitro, balance methanol in my Limbo Dancer powered by a TT 46 two stroke in which I usually use 20% castor. I immediately noticed an improvement in throttle response which did make quite a difference in the hover making tail touches much easier. The needle went in (leaner) a few clicks so there's less oil passing through the engine so there's still a question mark hanging over engine life, but I don't expect this to be an issue.

I may go over to this mix as my standard fuel from now on, roll on the Weston Park Show.