Poorly Carpet Monster

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As i was finishing off a recent kit, a minute piece of brass fell, to what i believed, was 90 degrees straight down onto the carpet/ rug under my chair, so with illuminated magnifier i assumed the usual pose for searching - on my hands and knees and started the search, could i find it - no, but what i did find was two smaller minute pieces of brass (seat belts to a 1/48 coyote build) i completed months ago. Now at that time i also searched everywhere to no avail, this carpet/rug has been hoovered umpteen times since their disappearance, been taken off the floor, flung on the spare bed, whilst decorating the room, flung back on the floor, so i can only logically surmise that the carpet monster didn't like the brass and eventually 'threw them up'. Oh and i found the latest 'lost' item 6 feet away, they need to stop making brass bounce-able !!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Funny what turns up, normally months after a build :sad:  That is why I tend to keep away from PE I drop normal big plastic bits and the shed spiders nab them :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh Steve,an all too common story we do hear,and have happen,did you find the new bit you dropped after you gave up looking,? :/

maybe the monster only lurks about on your rug ,but has a home else were,and he dropped it on his way home, O.o

or he remember the other two bits as not being eatable,so thew it away lol, 9_9

shed spiders nab them

oh give me a carpet monster any day over them 8 legged thing lol,real don't like spider Si,and what they like nice shinny things in there webs, O.o

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The biggest we get is around a 4 inch including legs...I shudder the ones you have.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh we do get some very,very ugly one,s I must say, :/ and big and up north,as big as dinner plates, ;)