Porsche 911 GT3, Tamiya, 1/24......bit of a mare!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Tamiya Porsche 911 GT3………one cock up after another!

I very rarely have things on the shelf of doom, a kit is either finished or its so bad its binned!

Started this about 18 months ago……..completed the chassis/running gear…scratched some seat belts…..wheels on……….then kept cocking up the paint job on the shell…………it had 3 trips in the paint stripper before I got bored and threw it back in the box….didnt bin it cos id made such a good job of the chassis,………..found it recently when looking for something else and thought id have another go, only snag was it had to be red since the chassis was already done………..cocked up the paint another 2 times!!,…..so this is actually the 6th attempt and im still not impressed…….up close I can see the dust seeds in the paint but it will do……………the reason the mirrors and front splitter is black is cos I forgot to attach them before I painted the shell and I figured id never get the shade right so black it was lol

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Paul,
I don't associate Porsche & red! Red being one of my least favourite colours to apply ( despite just finishing the Ferrari F 310 ), it always seems to take more effort to get a good finish, and for some reason it always takes much longer to clean the airbrush afterwards!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful work Paul.

The committee thought the same and gave you the

download THE DOGS.jpg

Congratulations.:thumb2:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Not a car fan but I'd be pleased to have that on my shelf.