Post your Captured Softskins in WW2 German service any scale

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is my Russian Zis 5 and trailer....the Krauts were in such a hurry to use it they just threw a set of number plates on it and draped an aerial rec. flag over the hood to keep the "buzzards" away. P1011639.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here is my Russian Zis 5 and trailer....the Krauts were in such a hurry to use it they just threw a set of number plates on it and draped an aerial rec. flag over the hood to keep the "buzzards" away. View attachment 442921
Nice combo Rick. I always like how you make the flags over the hoods

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wish I could master the art of getting the flag to look more natural.........would really like to get some ripples or waves into it so as not to look so "Rectangular". Thank you Lee.......and Paul, once you get that French Taxi (Citroen) finished up, it would be a candidate for this thread as well.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I've got one...an Opel Maultier which was used extensively by the Wehrmacht. This is waiting to go into a dio.

pict0009-2.jpg
The rest are mostly armoured like the Renault, 38T, Semovente and Panhard.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry Richard the operative word in the thread title is "captured" so any soft skin vehicle that the Wehrmacht either captured or confiscated would qualify for a post in this thread. ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ooh like a captured Matilda in German markings but a softskin version right.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes Richard....in an effort to get other modelers interested in the enormous variety of soft skin vehicles used by the Germans I started this thread a few years back in hope that it might inspire some to perhaps try modeling outside the "box". Instead of building the same products over and over again....this opens the door to building something different and in some cases, unique. :thumb2: Rick H.