Product Review-Bowler Minitool 12 v Sander.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
756c57c0.jpg

This miniature precision hand sander produced in Germany by Bowler is a little gem,it has a 110 Watt power output and runs from a 12 Volt DC power supply (optional extra) comfortable in use with on/off switch located at the top,she will sand wood,plastic and many other materials in awkward places unlike any sander that I have handled.Aimed specifically at model builders and craft workers the little sander runs like silk,three different grades of belt are available for the machine which are so easy to change as shown below.

75810a10.jpg

Tests 1 & 2 included sanding the wing of a small scale model,after fretting out the shape she was put to work in sanding the aerofoil section which it did in a most

capable manner,the second test was to sand down a Basswood blank from oversized shape,I worked down to a fine pencil line and the result is shown above,the tool works cleanly and with precision keeping the wooden blank square.

75ac5280.jpg

Looking underneath shows the small dimensions of the sander,note the two toothed nylon rollers which run on bearings via steel gears,a lot of thought has gone into the design.

75cd84c0.jpg

The simple but effective belt expander mechnism is shown here,a single allen screw does the work in keeping the belt in line.

75ebe8b0.jpg

And finally here is the adjustment in operation,a few tweaks and the tension is restored.

Verdict- A genuinely useful tool for scale model builders,a real pleasure to use and has the ability to get where larger tools cannot reach.

Mine cost £49.99 from Hobbycraft,extra belts cost £9.99 per pack of three.

Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator: