Pulse jet revival ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Latest craze in Japan is the fitting of pulse jets to bicycle's ! these lethal power sources once banned in Britain have had somewhat of a revival in Japan following a commercial unit becoming available again.

For those not familiar with these devices they are liable to explode and can be heard some five miles away,they work on neat petrol being injected under pressure into a biforcated steel tube with a very large flame emitting from the tail pipe.

Warning-

Dont try this at home.

G

George

Latest craze in Japan is the fitting of pulse jets to bicycle's ! these lethal power sources once banned in Britain have had somewhat of a revival in Japan following a commercial unit becoming available again.For those not familiar with these devices they are liable to explode and can be heard some five miles away,they work on neat petrol being injected under pressure into a biforcated steel tube with a very large flame emitting from the tail pipe.

Warning-

Dont try this at home.
This could be an adaptation of the saying you are now toast either that os a new way to keep your wedding tacle hot on a cold day:poster_oo :poster_oo

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
This could be an adaptation of the saying you are now toast either that os a new way to keep your wedding tacle hot on a cold day:poster_oo :poster_oo
*** The mind boggles George as to what some people put their energies towards ! these motors were once spectacles at model displays in the early fifties,until a few exp :boom2: loded and a beautiful model of a Vampire jet caught fire in front of the crowds,the outcome was that nobody would insure them,they seem to be making a bit of a comeback,I have a cutting somewhere of a B-36 bomber control line model with four pulse jets and six pusher glo motors that was flown from a baseball ground in Japan.

G

George

*** The mind boggles George as to what some people put their energies towards ! these motors were once spectacles at model displays in the early fifties' date='until a few exp :boom2: loded and a beautiful model of a Vampire jet caught fire in front of the crowds,the outcome was that nobody would insure them,they seem to be making a bit of a comeback,I have a cutting somewhere of a B-36 bomber control line model with four pulse jets and six pusher glo motors that was flown from a baseball ground in Japan.[/quote']I hope that these things stay in Japan because I think that we have enough nutters and carzy ideas in this country without importing others :giljotiin :giljotiin :giljotiin