pump advice needed please

M

maninblack

hi

can anyone pleas etell me of a pump which is needed for a ballast tank will pump in and out (fill and empty)

preferably one which can be submerged...tank is roughly 3ltr capacity..

many thx

maninblack:thinking:

S

sos8

\ said:
hican anyone pleas etell me of a pump which is needed for a ballast tank will pump in and out (fill and empty)

preferably one which can be submerged...tank is roughly 3ltr capacity..

many thx

maninblack:thinking:
What is the application, what is the power source, how quickly does the transfer have to be, is out door or in door?

If the purpose is for flooding ballest tanks in a model boat(size dependant) 12v bilge pumps for a runabout or yacht would do the trick for emptying, flooding could be done with another pump wired to do so. Or you could make your ballest tank air tight and use a compressed air tank to pressurise the tank an force the water from it, as used in a submarine.. but if you run out of air and your vessel is too far from land you might end up with an unintentional submarine.chris

M

maninblack

tank

hi

the tank will be air tight the idea is to fill with water for extra ballast to submerge then empty to surface again

cheers

mick

M

maccuham

Hello

Have a look here about Ballast Tanks and how wich one could work

Submarine Technology..

Starting with a test about cummbag Ballasttanks arround next week..maybe able to tell you more than

What kind of Sub are you planing?

I will start with a Robbe Seawolf somehow next two weeks and maybe with a second one selfbuild (Explorertype) out of plumbing materials (deep diving static ballastsystem )

With my gumbagtest I try a robbe 6-12V waterpump first ..(cheap)

here is a dealer in germany who does Ballastsystems and got good looking Pumps as well Modell-Uboot-Spezialitäten

A pump has to be bidirectional and should not let water through if it stands still..otherwise you need a valve as well

Hope I was able to help you!

(sorry for my english I am a german living in england)

Uwe

N

new to trains

the peristaltic pumps as used by bruggen kits are available here in the uk direct from the manufacturers- they pump in both directions and being peristaltic as soon as the pump motor is stopped there is no 'leakback' in either direction.....

they are available in different sizes, flow rates and voltages...

M

maninblack

pumps

hi all

many thx for replys

the tank i have is sealed airtight

do have to have holes in it for water to enter?

as just wanted to pump water in

then pump water out...

or is it not that simple ? still looking for pump(s)

so any recommend ations would be great

many thx again

mick