Putting you through

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
While I am waiting to start my new build I dug this out. I started this ages ago and forgot all about it. It is the IBG einheitsdiesel kfz.61, I can't remember why I abandoned it. AS you can see from the pictures I have added a lot of bling and some other additions. The indicator and wing mirror arms were supplied as etch but as with etch were flat so I soldered some together out of wire.

The general fit of parts is not good and the details are chunky but as you know I like a challenge.
DSCF2350.JPG

DSCF2352.JPG

DSCF2355.JPG
cheers
Scottie

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Hi Scottie, looking good to me, can I ask as a newbie, what glue do you use to fix etch to plastic please.
Thanks, Nick T.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Certainly looking too good to be left on the shelf. PE looks good.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie, looking good to me, can I ask as a newbie, what glue do you use to fix etch to plastic please.
Thanks, Nick T.
Hi Nick, Thanks glad you like it. It's CA known as superglue. Everyone has their own favourite. I just use the loctite brand that is available everywhere.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Certainly looking too good to be left on the shelf. PE looks good.
Jim
Jim, Cheers mate I have done a little more today but it will go back into storage when all the parts for my next project turn up.

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Thanks Scottie - got a universal carrier with pe to do some time but never used it before.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Scottie - got a universal carrier with pe to do some time but never used it before.
PE is not for everybody and not all of it is better than the kit part, for example hand rails are better made from wire as PE is flat and two dimensional. Before you use it carefully wash it in warm soapy water and dry it. If your up to it larger parts can be soldered together for strength but the CA is easier.
When joining etch together or to the plastic try scoring the metal and the location gently with a tip of a scalpel this will key the surface allowing the glue to bond better. But the main thing is to have fun and try it. If you need any help just shout there are many great modellers on here.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The extras look good, I'll follow along & see what you do with it.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's a beast of a truck. Nice to see the detailing around the mud guards. Hopefully you will get the build to primer stage before your new project arrives

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
While waiting to start on my new project I decided to dig out this old shelf queen. Originally I wasn't going to add an interior, but I decided to add at least a bit of furniture that can be seen through the windows. It is no way accurate but roughly based on pictures I have.

DSCF2843.JPG

DSCF2844.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice to see this is back and getting the Scottie treatment!