Q's about a bunch of kits with full interior

First Name
Erik
Good day everyone,

Looking for anyone with experience or info about these kits:

1. Meng TS-020 (Mk. 5 male tank)

2. Amusing Hobby 35A038 and/or 35A041 (T72)

3. Ryefield RM-5003 and/or RM-5025 (Tiger 1)

My questions are mostly concerning the interiors. I am not looking for anything see-through which most likely cancels out the RM-5025. Im looking for a kit that will have the full exterior, but still be able to see the interior.

My research shows me that the RM-5003 can be built fully, and not glue specific components together in order to take it apart and see the inside. Can anyone confirm that?

I havent yet seen any info on whether this can happen with the other 2.

Anyone know of any kits of those vehicles that may be equal or better? (i would like to stay with the Mk5 and Tiger 1, but am not opposed to T80 or 90 if a kit exists that i havent seen yet.)

Any other thoughts, suggestions, info, etc is kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I don’t have any experience with those specific kits, but I can tell you that far more of the interior will be visible just through open crew hatches than most people think.

If your aim is to build a model that you can take roof pieces off to view the interior, then that kind of rules out the T-72, I think. Its turret will have an integrally moulded roof, due to the real thing being cast, for example. Tiger kits tend to have a separate roof to the hull and turret, which makes it much easier to leave those detachable. I would suppose much the same applies to the Tank Mk. V kit. Looking at its instructions on Scalemates, this would probably the ideal kit if you want to leave the roof detachable, except for those rails over the top, which get very much in the way :sad:

Oh, and there is no need to discount kits with transparent parts — you can always just paint those :smiling3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
2019040216193643421.jpg

Takom do the Tiger II and Jagpanther???

I dont know your skill level but you could always cut away the hull and turret yourself. If memory serves me well Peter Gillson did one when we were at MM.

Failing that you can display it on supports. This is my 1/72 version which will give you a similar idea

IMG_0327.JPG