Question about Decals / Stickers

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, I'm sure I've put this in the wrong place, not sure where to ask it on the forum. I've opened up my Occre Jupiter locomotive and inside was what I thought were decals but they are in fact stickers, proper stickers, has anyone come across this, not sure what they'll look like on the model not only that does anyone know how a varnish will go on. This is totally new to me I've never seen this before, any ideas guys.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
I've only come across this once. It was on the Meng toon Missouri. Stickers went on fine and took a light coat of satin acrylic varnish. I think stickers will only work on flat or simple curved surfaces and will never look "painted on" like true decals.
Jim

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I've never seen them before, had a look on the model plans and as it is based on an old loco they are quite simple no real contours. Been looking on you tube etc and I think the trick is applying one layer of varnish on until the right look is achieved, my worry is the color on the stickers matches the paint I'll be applying, we'll see.