Quick visit Bastogne Barracks (there's a StuG Bob)

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi guys,
Drove to Bastogne again to visit the 'Bastogne Barracks' and also made a stop at the 'Bastogne War Museum' (Nuts weekend).
Lost a lot of pictures due to wrong camera settings but that's life. So only very few pics to share :

The weather was awesome : a thin layer of snow, cold and a very foggy morning (takes you right back to dec'44)
Bastogne_Steven_001.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_002.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_003.jpg

The Kübelwagen inside the museum
Bastogne_Steven_005.jpg

If you don't know the 'Bastogne Barracks', well it's a place where a lot of armoured vehicles are stored and 'restored'.
I asked them about the 'Houffalize Panther' which was taken there a few years ago, but it's currently taken to Germany and unclear (covid) when it will return to Bastogne for paintwork.

The poor Panzer IV is also waiting though...
Bastogne_Steven_004.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_006.jpg

And specially for Mr. Bob (@Bobthestug)
Currently under restoration, Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.F/8
-Sd.Kfz.142/1
-75mm StuK 40 L/48 (54 rounds)
-Maybach HL 120 TRM, 300hp
Bastogne_Steven_007.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_008.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_009.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_010.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_011.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_012.jpg

Bastogne_Steven_013.jpg

That's all unfortunately,
Keep safe & kind regards
Steven

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Steven

Bastogne Barracks is a great place to visit. When I went the Stug was parked up in the main garage with all the other vehicles. I'm very envious that you were able to see it in all its glory. Looks like you had a great day my friend. Thanks for sharing

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Man I am jealous Steven,

wish we had more places like that here in the States. The WWII museum here in New Orleans is pretty impressive and is the only one that shows off some of the old AFV, soft skins, half tracks etc.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Steven, thats a mighty F8 and not a G for once

Always sad to see a StuG in captivity, should be roaming the fields blowing holes in things!

Good photos!
HAHA WAY Bob is talking you'd think it was alive in captivity, should be roaming the fields blowing holes in things indeed haha he make me laugh at his witty sence of humor next thing you know if he was there is wrappin it in a big scarf haha an huggin it haha you really do cheer me up Bob m8ty
chris